The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As a Data Scientist you will create innovative solutions for understanding data patterns and relationships in chemical process applications. These solutions are applied both to design and to simulate such chemical processes, as well as to optimize operations and supply chains. We are looking for sharp, disciplined, and highly quantitative individuals who have a passion for predictive analytics. You are passionate for and excel at data analytics, including data mining, statistics, machine learning and mathematical modeling and optimization. You will be excited to both the appropriate methods to industrial data and you will not be deterred to develop new algorithms tailored to meet specific requirements set forth by the industrial application. You will leverage your skills and passion for Statistics, Machine Learning and AI to drive AspenTechs Self-Optimizing Plant strategy by developing groundbreaking software solutions for modeling and analytics of manufacturing processes.
- Design and develop new machine learning and artificial intelligence applications for the chemicals and energy industries
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, designers and developers to understand customer needs and translate them into product requirements and specifications
- Investigate new and developing technologies as they appear in industry and academia and determine how to leverage these new technologies into our software applications
- Contribute to Aspen Technologys intellectual property footprint in the space of AI
What You'll Need
- BSc in Science or Engineering with a string quantitative focus, such as Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Chemometrics, Econometrics, AI, or a related quantitative field; MSc or PhD preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and software development/programming
- Track record of experience in Python programming, including data science specific packages, such as Pandas, Numpy, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn etc. Knowledge in C++ or C# is preferred, Julia is a bonus.
- A track record of academic publications related to data science, AI and/or process optimization is preferred. So are a public GitHub stack and contributions to open source packages.
- Experience with time series analysis, predictive analytics, machine learning algorithms, data mining
- Familiarity with big data and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with chemical engineering or manufacturing is a big plus
- Problem-solving ability and attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner