We’re a fast-growing market leader who envisions a world where renewable energy powers our economy and society. Shared and sustainable energy assets, such as solar and wind farms, are the key to this vision, where healthy, inexpensive energy changes the world in which we live. It is a tremendous challenge with huge social benefits, and it is also one of the greatest economic opportunities in the history of business.
Building an industry takes commitment, hard work, and a willingness to work on the messy details. That is where we see our most valuable contribution. Ampion’s platform enables the clean energy revolution by connecting consumers and clean energy providers. We enable consumers to purchase low cost green energy, while providing the customers and revenue for the industry to thrive.
Ampion’s software is a critical differentiator for the company and what allows us to scale efficiently. We deal with lots of different data – from website, ad, search and social data to utility usage and billing and crediting data, to community distributed generation meter data. The Data Scientist will assist Ampion in developing the technology to turn this data into meaningful, actionable insights.
The Data Scientist responsibilities include working closely with our Data Architect and Engineers and other members of the technology team. This is a great opportunity for a Data Scientist to get in on the ground floor of a very fast moving, high growth company in a very exciting and growing space. This position will directly contribute to the differentiation of the Ampion product.
We use agile development practices with multi-disciplinary teams that are typically focussed on delighting certain user persona’s. The Data Science team will work with each of the “experience” teams to build comprehensive data-based views of each persona and their journeys (key business processes), by being a consumer of data from these teams, and other sources, and being a provider of insights and data to these teams and their platforms. Our expectation is that the data structures and insights produced by the Data Science team will be embedded into our core product offering and used as one of our major differentiators.
In addition, the Data Science team will also deliver insights to Ampion internal teams and most importantly provide a platform and tools on which functional owners can derive some of their own insights.
The Data Scientist will lead the way in analyzing our data to provide insights for our clients and stakeholders and will work with the other members of the technical team to determine best short term and long term solutions to pressing Product data needs. The Data Scientist will provide feedback to the Product team on general approach and dependencies for roadmap and company plans.
- Assist in the building of a world-class Data Science team
- Help build a data platform that is scalable, flexible, reliable, performant, maintainable and recommend the appropriate tooling to enable fast development of insights and reliable, cleansed data-sets that can be delivered to clients, customers and internal stakeholders
- Research and recommending new technologies and processes
- Become the subject matter expert for Data Science/Analytics providing insights based on the data and advice to other team members on how to best leverage the data and insights
- Provide feedback to other technical resources and input to Product Management
- Deliver robust working code that implements data models as needed
- Provide support for any production issues related to data models / pipelines
- Partner with the Core, CRM, and “experience” teams to provide and receive data interfaces
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience in DBMS like Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL
- Proven experience in data warehousing technologies such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, ETL/ELT tools
- Proven experience in developing working models that deliver data-driven solutions
- Hands on experience with plotly/Dash, numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn
- Experience with machine learning techniques and libraries such as tensor flow, pytorch, keras, scikit-learn, spacy, fast.ai is a plus
- Proven experience in software development methodologies
- Proven experience leading teams to build complex systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and get things done
- Comply with Ampion Written Information Security Policy (WISP), Ampion Employee Guidelines and all other Ampion Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Take responsibility for any Ampion assets assigned to you
- Promptly report any security events, incidents or weaknesses to Ampion Security as outlined in the WISP
- Review all code and development processes with security best practices in mind
Social justice is at the center of Ampion’s mission to bring renewable energy everywhere, to everyone. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Ampion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We seek to be an inclusive community and actively encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities.