Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
Thrasio is hiring a Data Science Manager to drive and scale our data science and machine learning team in Boston, New York or remotely!
As a Data Science Manager, you will be responsible for leading and building a team of data scientists to enable the use of advanced data science methodologies and applied research to apply to complex business use cases! As we continue to grow, youll be using the latest machine-learning techniques to optimize every aspect of our business. Some of the business use cases include but arent limited to inventory management, acquisition target recommendations, keyword optimization, and pricing and forecasting.
SOME OF THE DAY TO DAY MAY INCLUDE:
- Leading and developing a team of data scientists and machine-learning engineers.
- Defining and driving the full Data Science life-cycle from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business impact
- Identifying foundational research areas that align multiple business organizations across Thrasio and collaborating with leadership on Data Science strategy
- Setting team best practices that drive forward the quality of our codebase and workflows
- Developing quantitative models by leveraging machine learning and advanced data analysis techniques
- Leading data-driven decision making for Thrasio business stakeholders and enhancing the experience of our external stakeholders
- Defining technical visions and orienting the data science roadmap to execute towards your vision
- Designing large-scale applied AI systems for sourcing and acquiring new e-commerce targets
- Creating product pricing elasticity models which enable Thrasio to forecast product sales and demand
- Understanding and optimizing Amazon black-box algorithm performance across our suite of products
- Informing vendor and data source build-versus-buy decisions
- Building an experimentation framework for marketing and creative to drive our advertising budget and targeting strategy
- Being a technical leader at Thrasio and driving strategic initiatives for your team with Thrasio leadership and by mentoring junior staff members
- Monitoring progress, managing risk, and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Delivering presentations to high-level business leaders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data and build a data-centric culture
- Identifying and owning the execution of new research and engineering opportunities that could be game-changing for Thrasio
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE PARTY:
- 2+ years experience as a data science, machine learning, analytics, or engineering technical lead or manager
- 5+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, or quantitative roles
- Track record of mentoring junior staff members and helping them grow their autonomy
- Highly proficient in a modern data science language and tech stack, such as Pandas/Jupyter and AWS/Databricks
- Strong expertise in quantitative research and applied statistical methods, such as causal inference, time-series forecasting, stochastic modeling, Bayesian methods, or advanced experiment design
- History of building and maintaining business relationships, with strong communication, and an ability to synthesize information, create useful conceptual models, and achieve alignment and execution
- Thrives in a transparent, agile, and collaborative environment and seeks to add to the culture
- Significant experience collaborating and maintaining relationships across engineering and business teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or technical equivalent
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Master's Degree or Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, or Operations Research
- Experience working for a company specializing in e-commerce or finance & acquisitions
- Advanced Machine Learning expertise with recommendation systems, reinforcement learning, representation learning, deep learning, or time series
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, Airflow, Plotly, and Kubernetes
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and arent afraid to challenge assumptions, so were looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
Youre encouraged to apply even if your experience doesnt precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.