binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
We are looking for a Data/Science Engineer and Informatics Specialist to join our team. This individual will be responsible for developing, expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection. They will also analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our processes. We will rely on this role to build data products to extract valuable business insights. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and scientific data analysis expert who enjoys optimizing systems and building them from the ground up.
- Create, maintain and analyze optimal data pipeline architecture to discover trends and patterns.
- Develop and maintain reporting processes critical to the business including data calculation, visualization, and automation.
- Write programs to access, clean, and transform required data prior to analysis and reporting
- Gather requirements and serve as data expert across the Company. Take front-end needs and translate them into achievable technical tasks
- Develop data visualizations to provide insights with more impact
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Build predictive models, machine-learning algorithms and combine them through ensemble modeling.
- Present information using scientific data visualization techniques.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Engineering teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep data separate and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and regions.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required to support internal stakeholders
Education, experience, and demonstrated skills:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred.
- Prior experience in a Data Engineering, Data Scientist or Data Analyst role.
- Experience in statistics, data mining, informatics, data visualization, machine-learning and operations research.
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (Ex: Tableau) and data frameworks (Ex: Hadoop).
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
- Highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. High attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
binx health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer