Office Tour Photos
Vistaprints Data and Analytics (DnA) organization is working to make our company one of the worlds most well-known and successful data-driven companies. The cross-functional team includes product owners, analysts, technologists, data engineers and more all focused on providing Vistaprint with information and tools we can use to deliver jaw-dropping customer value. DnA team members are empowered to learn new skills, communicate openly and be active problem-solvers.
What You Will Do:
As Data Governance Manager, you will support the data governance office in creating and maintaining policies, principles and processes that will help to govern our data in a highly federated environment. With support and guidance from the Data Governance Director, you will closely collaborate with data product owners from the DnA team and the technology organization and work together to ensure ownership and compliance against governance standards. You will build and engage a community of aspiring data governance fans within the company!
- Set the general direction and increase the adoption of data governance practices within the organization
- Assist Data Leaders and Data Product Owners in their responsibilities, e.g., with identification of their key data elements, definition data contracts and curation of metadata
- Prioritize governance and data-related issues across the organization to help resolve and minimize risks, such as privacy and security
- Support the preparation and moderation of the data governance council and data governance steering committee
Policymaking and Standards:
- With oversight from a strategic and tactical perspective, identify and document data governance policies and standards for data producers and data consumers
- Ensure that data producers are compliant to new data governance policies in place
Capability Building and Change Management:
- Train and mentor leaders and product owners within our data team on data governance policies and standards.
- Build and engage the data community to strengthen the data culture within Vistaprint
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Management, Information Systems, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in data governance in a global technology / software company
- Deep understanding of data governance practices and experience in defining standards and practices
- Good communication and interpersonal skills along with negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid project management skills and consistent experience in coordinating multi-functional teams
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of databases and BI tools and/or experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience with data governance tools or other tools for data management (e.g., Alation, Calibra or BigID)
Why Youll Love Working Here:
At Vistaprint, we put great importance into the wellbeing of our employees, which is why we offer perks that ensure a phenomenal work/life balance. Perks include flexible schedules, work from home capabilities, and very generous time off, including our unique sabbatical-like program, Vistabreak, to name a few! Here in Waltham, we offer a modern and collaborative office environment with a free on-site gym, fully stocked kitchens, and cold brew on tap.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keanes return as CEO, weve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth for both our customers and our team.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.
More Jobs From