HealthEdge is in search of a Data Engineering Team Lead to join our Cloud Data Engineering Team. The role focuses on designing, implementing, and testing cutting-edge technical data solutions. The Data Engineering team collaborates with business and technical partners to establish and maintain high-value data.
As a Data Engineering ETL/ELT tech lead, you will be responsible for implementing the database and DWH integrations solutions to the Enterprise SaaS application. Your responsibility will be analyzing, designing, and developing Data Models e.g. start schema, de-normalized data models, ETL/ELT workflows, mapping, and configuring business rules. This hire will have significant experience leading the technology team, should understand various integration architecture design patterns, experience in implementing real-time & batch Integrations, Integration job configuration & maintenance.
What you will do:
- Lead the technical design, building, and testing of cloud data services; allowing them to meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Provide proactive technical oversight and mentorship to development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency based on strategic business needs.
- Identifies, designs, and implements internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Be hands-on and engage in coding to help the team develop the solution and solve all surfaced problems.
- Responsible for working with data asset-related technology that has been approved by the architecture team to move, transform, and validate data between systems and Azure Cloud.
- Ability to create designs following established data integration patterns and establish new patterns to meet business needs.
- Provide data integration subject matter expertise to the team covering ETL/ELT, replication, streaming, and virtualization. Can explain complex concepts to others and establish business value of solutions.
- Complete design, code review, and test case reviews to improve and set the bar for the quality of the delivery. Providing guidance for the engineering team while designing the data integration applications.
- Maintain ETL/Data integration agile management stories with delivery to dates to ensure Agile processes are adhered to.
- Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate.
- Collaborate with architects, business users, system analysts, developers, and ecosystem partners to bring innovative ideas from conception to launch at scale.
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player.
- Adopt emerging technologies and launch products/services faster with rapid prototyping & iterative methods.
- Proven ability to take prototypes to production, following engineering best practices.
What you will bring:
- In-depth knowledge of database structures/ data warehousing principles, and experience in SQL across different platforms including structured and unstructured data from various enterprise sources.
- Understand batch and real-time data integration patterns include ETL experience (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, Azure Data Factory, etc.), data replication, data streaming, virtualization, etc.
- Experience in writing and executing complex SQL’s.
- Working knowledge of enterprise data architecture concepts and frameworks.
- Proven technical skills in data modeling, data management, data pipelines, ETL/ELT and data retention concepts and practices.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing using Azure services: Serverless Architecture, Azure Storage, Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory, Azure Stream Analytics, Synapse Analytics, HDInsight, Databricks, Cosmos DB, ML Studio, AI/ML, Azure Functions, ARM Templates, Azure DevOps, CI/CD etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing and tuning Confluent Kafka and related services.
- Extensive knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores and experience with building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience in end-to-end data engineering solutions.
- Show a strong sense of ownership for their deliverables.
- Initiative and passion for finding solutions to ambiguous problems and ability to work in difficult situations and across organizational boundaries.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate or convey the results to the audience at all levels.
- Familiar with the latest technologies, trends, standards, products, and applicability
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapid technological and business changes while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in data engineering lead, or similar role.
- 3+ years of Healthcare domain experience, preferably with expertise in provider data
- Familiarity with HL7 or FHIR data models
- Experience with Java and client-server applications
- Confluent cloud-native managed service
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – Broadcom / Symantec Data Loss Prevention
- Tokenization / Encryption – Protegrity
- Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) – DataSunrise
- Cloud Monitoring – Dynatrace
- Data Virtualization – Denodo