Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
At Stash, data is at the core of how we make decisions and build great products for millions of users. As a Data Engineer you will be a part of our Data Platform Team which is leading the architectural design decisions and implementation of a modern data infrastructure at scale. You will build distributed services and large scale processing systems that will support various teams to work faster and smarter. You will partner with Data Science to help productionize machine learning models and algorithms into actual data driven products that will help make smarter products for our users.
Tools and technologies in our tech stack (evolving):
- Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, MongoDB, Hive
- AWS EMR/EC2/Lambda/kinesis/S3/Glue/DynamoDB/API Gateway, Redshift
- ElasticSearch, Airflow, and Terraform.
- Scala, Python
What you'll do:
- Build core components of data platform which will serve various types of consumers including but not limited to data science, engineers, product, qa
- Build various data ingestion and transformation job/s as and when they are needed
- Productionize our machine learning models and algorithms into data-driven feature MVPs that scale
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and deployment to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Build scalable data services to bridge the gap between analytics and application space
- Optimize data access and consumption for our business and product colleagues
- Develop an understanding of key product, user, and business questions
Who were looking for:
- 3+ years of professional experience working in data engineering
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- You have built large-scale data products and understand the tradeoffs made when building these features
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience (or a strong interest in) working with Python or Scala
- Experience with working with a cluster manager (YARN / Mesos / Kubernetes)
- Experience with distributed computing and working with Spark, Hadoop, or MapReduce Framework
- Experience working on a cloud platform such as AWS
- Experience with ETL in general
- Experience working with Apache Airflow
- Experience working with AWS Glue
- Experience in Machine Learning and Information Retrieval
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.