Quality isnt just a goal. Its the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where every company is now a software company is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. Thats why its our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed especially when its needed most. And were looking for people to join us.
SmartBear looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
We are a growing medium-sized company with locations around the country and around the world. We have played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year) and we have over 25,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. We have real products, real customers and great compensation.
- Create dashboards, reports and data models for internal teams across the company
- Develop and maintain SmartBears data stack (AWS, FiveTran, Boomi, Sisense, and Snowflake)
- Daily monitoring and troubleshooting applicable ELT/ETL flows and data model builds
- Ensure documentation is up to date
- Provide support to the BI Tool end users
- Work with our vendors to troubleshoot issues and understand root cause
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or analytical field
- 1-3 years experience working with BI Tools (e.g. Sisense, Power BI, Tableau)
- 1+ years Experience with cloud-based data warehouse platforms (e.g. Snowflake, etc.)I
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Experience working with ELT/ETL tools (AppFlow, FiveTran, and Boomi)
- Skilled at clearly communicating results and direction to a diverse audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, from end-users to Senior Management
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive and able to prioritize multiple projects involving various stakeholders by meeting deadlines and proactively communicating status updates.
- Experience with Python in analytics setting
- Ability to configure JDBC connectors using CDATAs generic connector
- Familiarity of Google Analytics, Salesforce, NetSuite, Mixpanel, Pendo, Amplitude
- Familiarity of APIs
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use and will use. Whether its TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, theyre easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. Were used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever youre going, well help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.