Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the worlds largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
Its their platform. Its your data. Own it.
As a Data Engineer, you will collaborate closely with Analytics Engineering, Business Intelligence, and other cross-functional teams to craft business critical data assets and build strong relationships with key data consumers. In this role, you will report to the head of Data Engineering and play a critical part in maintaining and expanding Own's internal database.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop Data Engineering Pipelines and Assets with your Data Engineering peers.
- Document and communicate the complexities of your work to the users and the team.
- Identify areas of improvement within the database and code that powers it.
- Troubleshoot data issues as they arise.
- Define and promote DB management tools consolidation.
Your Work Experience
- Generally 4 year Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, CS or Finance degree with 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Clear Verbal and Written Communicator.
- Customer-centric focus for Internal Staff.
- Able to write complex SQL; previous experience with dbt would be desirable.
- Hands on experience working within Relational Databases (Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL) to deploy code and administer the platform.
- Experience writing Python scripts to perform ELT/ETL and Reverse ETL.
- Experience with Airflow, Dagster, or other orchestration tools.
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology is a plus.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office a minimum of 3 days per week to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business. Travel may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why base pay is only one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work. This role may also be eligible for unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, a 401(k) savings plan with a 4% employer match, discretionary bonuses/incentives, and stock options. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.