We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. Thats why our mission is to build the worlds most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
Hudls Decision Science team is a high impact, cross-functional team of Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Predictive Analysts, Data Scientists, and Consumer Insights Researchers. We combine qualitative and quantitative data, partnering with internal Hudl teams and business leaders to provide self-service analytics, actionable insights, and foresights that help them guide their business forward.
As a Senior Data Engineer, youll build and maintain our data platforms and ETL that enable these analytics and insights for Decision Science and Hudl as a whole. Our 300TB data platform is a foundation for analytics on mission-critical products and business units, and integrates into customer-facing products to provide data-informed user experiences.
This role is open to remote workers in many different states.
- Experienced. You write quality, maintainable code and enjoy working as a team to build scalable solutions that meet user needs.
- A good communicator. Whether its explaining code to a peer, documenting a system, or presenting an idea to stakeholders, you're articulate and engaging.
- A constant learner. You want to solve the engineering problems you face, seek input from your peers, and keep up with the rapidly-changing world of engineering and technology.
- Build, operate and support data infrastructure. To keep our ETL pipelines and data platform running smoothly, youll use tools like Spark and AWS data services like Glue, EMR, Athena and Redshift.
- Empower others to use the data platform. You'll deploy tools and processes that enable other teams to create, discover and use data.
- Work closely with other teams. You'll need to know data analysts, business analysts, product managers and engineers to understand their data needs and meet them.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. Were all about a healthy work-life balance. Well give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. Were lifelong learners who encourage professional development. Well give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. Youll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure youll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, thats free money. Well match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.