Othot, a Liaison Company, is the leader in artificial intelligence and prescriptive analytics solutions for higher education institutions across the United States. Together, Othot and its partner schools focus on each institution’s specific enrollment, retention, student success, and alumni engagement goals. Othot’s cloud-based solution provides continuous intelligence in real time and empowers schools to engage each prospective, current, and former student with the right tactic at the right time. Othot is higher intelligence for higher education.
Othot employs smart, curious, and adventurous team members. We hire individuals who do their best work in a collaborative environment and have a passion for innovation. We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded people to join our team.
As part of the Product team, the Data Analyst works closely with others on the team, as well as our customers, to help democratize machine learning. This individual will be integrated into a team where they will work on challenging projects to develop new features on our platform, strengthen our infrastructure, and delight our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build, validate, and troubleshoot predictive data science models using internal tools and metrics
- Perform stringent data checks to identify and address inconsistent data issues and leak variables
- Tailor customer models to each individual institution’s needs, processes, and goals
- Contribute creative feature engineering solutions for use in customer models
- Analyze output from automated tests to identify significant changes or issues in new customer data
- Build out necessary configuration files to deploy customer models in the Othot platform
- Communicate data science results and insights to other Othot team members and our customers
- Research data science modeling solutions using independent judgment for Othot to implement
- Collaborate in designing and improving the functionalities of internal tools and the Othot platform
- Automate or help automate as many manual data science activities as possible
- Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, business administration and information systems or another relevant field required
- Advanced degree preferred
*Demonstrated related experience may substitute for preferred education.
- Background or familiarity with statistics and business analytics
- Capacity to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Preferred, but not necessary: computer programming skills, specifically Python