Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with robots and data? iRobot is seeking a Data Collection Co-Op to play an important role on New Product Development Teams to make better robots that delight the customer by collecting data in users home(s) and annotating/processing data. The data collected will be used by the research and development team for development of future products.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Data Collection Co-Op will collect, annotate, and manage data and data tools. Most of the data collection will take place in real homes. During periods of time when traveling or collecting data is not safe or reasonable to do so, the Data Collection Co-Op will assist in annotating and processing previously collected data, working on remote data collection procedures, or building infrastructure to facilitate data collection, annotating, and processing.
When safe to do so, the Data Collection Co-Op will travel (often with another co-op, but socially distant) to homes nearby to iRobot Bedford office to collect both quantitative and qualitative data following a protocol, with specific safety precautions. Data collection will be conducted at different times of the day and in multiple homes. During each home visit the Data Collection Co-Op will repeatedly set up the devices on the ground to collect data and will be responsible for processing and annotating data from these homes.
The individual in this role will work as part of the Machine Learning team alongside other Data Collection Co-Ops. The successful candidate will have capability to quickly learn and an interest in finding solutions to unusual problems.
What You Should Have:
• Interest in data collection and data-set analysis for Machine Learning
• Interest in working as part of a team and collaborating with other teams to help solve their data needs
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• Attention to detail and organizational abilities
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Experience in basic Linux commands
• Experience with basic Python programming
• Ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
• Proficient in handling (storing and transferring) large data files using external hard drives.
• Ability to work on flexible work schedule (shifts will vary day to day)
• Ability to repeatedly perform physical tasks including repetitively bending, kneeling, squatting and climbing stairs. This can be repetitive and tenuous depending on the size of the home.
• Experience involving data gathering and analysis
• Experience with product defect tracking tools
• Experience in statistical analysis of test results
• Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
More Jobs From