Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Data Architecture Specialist to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Data Architecture specialist within our organization, provides architectural guidance, technological vision and solution development. It includes understanding and managing the data, how it interconnects and architecting data for current product needs and future roadmap considerations, and to support self-serve BI and BA opportunities. This position is for a person that is both business savvy and an expert in data analytics/data science that enjoys framing a problem, shaping & creating solutions and helping to champion implementation.
- Deliver well-defined data design documentation and data models that guide and inform product roadmap and software development teams
- Must be able to work independently participating in collaborative development of data management, business intelligence and analytic architecture standards and best practices and facilitating understanding and adherence to those standards.
- Collaborate with Report developers to share key learnings, leverage ideas and solutions and to propagate best practices. You will lead projects that include other team members and participate in projects led by other team members.
- Manage External supporting data & master data that will be centralized in a single storage space that can be re-used by all downstream processes. This will allow us to further enrich data and reports (LMRR, segmentation, tagging, bookings, non-transactional data, etc)
- Knowledge of master data management and data governance
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, compliance and improvement.
- Create strategies and plans for data capacity planning, data security, life cycle data management, scalability, backup and archiving.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering data within the data engineering team.
- Understand how data is, or will be used and implications on people, processes, products and technology.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Participate in data and information model design across multiple operating units and research stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years-experience as a data architect or equivalent role
- Expertise in Data Architecture, Data Strategy and Roadmap for large and complex organization and systems and implemented large scale end-to-end Data Management & Analytics solutions.
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, R/Python/PHP).
- Hands-on experience with big data architecture and tools and considerations for scalable, distributed systems.
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS EC2, S3, DMS, Data Pipelines and automation).
- Drive delivery in a matrixed environment working with various internal IT partners.
- Ability to maximize the data resources by reducing redundancy, enabling accessibility within security boundaries, fostering corporate understanding of the meaning of the data (metadata management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment with short deadlines, interruptions, and multiple tasks/projects occurring simultaneously.
- Defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Providing support / guidance to development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality and improving cost effectiveness.
- Strong problem solving, influencing, communication, and presentation skills, self-starter.
- Strong communication both written and verbal.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.