LogMeIn is actively searching for a Data Platform Architect to join our Big Data team. Reporting to our Senior Director of Data Engineering, this role will function as a Big Data SME and internal consultant to a variety of business and technology stakeholders.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise in Architecture, Design, Programming, Cloud/AWS and Core Data. If you enjoy solving business challenges and creating business opportunities by harnessing the power of Big Data, then LogMeIn and this Data Platform Architect position could be a fantastic fit for you and your career!
This is a remote-centric position. For this particular role, LogMeIn is open to hiring within the contiguous United States or within the Province of Quebec, Canada.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify data-related business challenges and potential opportunities
- Architect, design and implement end-to-end solutions and models to solve data-related business challenges and capitalize upon potential opportunities
- Ensure the architecture, design and implementation of solutions incorporate data security and data privacy best practices and adhere to internal and external regulations
- Function as Big Data SME and internal consultant to a variety of business and technology stakeholders
- Provide mentorship to other members of the Big Data team
- Compile and organize statistical information, present findings to management as needed
- Seasoned data professional with experience in multiple data environments; 7+ years of hands-on data engineering experience, (Incl., Big Data @ scale)
- Proven leadership in the architecture, design and implementation of data systems; 3+ years of Architect-level experience, (Incl., Big Data @ scale)
- Deep knowledge of data security and privacy concerns in AWS Big Data environments
- Business acumen. This includes the ability to identify business challenges and develop solutions to solve those challenges via technology
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the following: SQL, Python, Spark, AWS infrastructure
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the following: Data Streaming, Real-time Data Systems, Batch Data Systems
- Preference for technical expertise in the following: Java, Scala, Snowflake, Databricks, (i.e., helpful to have)
LogMeIn Product Portfolio: https://www.logmeininc.com/products
Keywords: Architect, AWS, Batch, Big Data, Business, Cloud, Consult, Databricks, Design, Develop, Engineer, Expert, Implement, Infrastructure, Java, Mentor, Models, Privacy, Python, Real-time, Regulations, RPJ, SaaS, Scala, Security, SME, Snowflake, Software, Solutions, Spark, SQL, Streaming, Systems
LogMeIns category-defining products unlock the potential of the modern workforce by making it possible for millions of people and businesses around the globe to do their best work simply and securelyon any device, from any location and at any time. A pioneer in remote work technology and a driving force behind todays work-from-anywhere movement, LogMeIn has become one of the worlds largest SaaS companies with tens of millions of active users, more than 3,500 global employees, over $1.3 billion in annual revenue and approximately 2 million customers worldwide who use its software as an essential part of their daily lives.