Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Data Architect will play a key role in the Data Platform team within Engineering at an exciting time as we build out our new Converge platform and migrate from legacy solutions to cloud data solutions. They will assess data architecture maturity using industry-accepted principles and standards, identify gaps and drive standardization and adoption across the organization. They will identify Master Data Management needs in concert with the company-wide MDM initiative. The architect will define and be a Subject Matter Expert in our data classification strategy and will ensure adherence across development squads. They will utilize their expertise to inform and guide others as we strive to capture, classify, secure and report on corporate data in our own product and other systems used across the business.
- Define data architecture strategy using industry-accepted data principles and standards.
- Evaluate and assess data and application integration framework
- Identify master data management opportunities and needs
- Define the target state and drive implementation of data catalog to enable effective data governance
- Establish maps of business capability to data, services, users-roles, IT product model mapping
- Develop and analyze various viewpoints, mappings to show relationships between data artifacts and business capability/attributes
- Act as a liaison across Data, Engineering, Product, Hosting, Analytics and Delivery teams to drive standardization across data architecture principles
- Analyze process, and provide guidance to streamline and optimize data enablement, operational, communication and training or literacy processes
- 7 + years demonstrated experience in data architecture, data management, data governance and analytics within growing, agile, global organizations. Healthcare experience is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in multiple database technologies such as distributed processing big Data platforms like AWS, GCP and tools like Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, Redshift, Athena, AWS Glue, Python/PySpark. etc.
- 5 + Years of experience building architecture to transform legacy to modern data platforms (Oracle to Cloud)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile software development process and familiarity with performance metric tools
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to drive creative, efficient solutions
- Ability to work at an abstract level and build consensus across multiple viewpoints
- Ability to set priorities, guide your own learning and contribute to domain knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technically focused degree; master's degree preferred
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art Telehealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all our users.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting