Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
At Amwell, our products are central to what we do. For the past 14 years, weve brought healthcare to millions of people through our suite of web, mobile and kiosk applications, allowing patients and clinicians to access and deliver care anytime, anywhere. We are seeking a resourceful, self-motivated Data Analyst with a passion for solving complex problems to join our team. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced environment, be highly collaborative, and willing to wear multiple hats to support evolving needs. They will demonstrate strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with great attention to detail and high accuracy.
As a Data Analyst, you will have an instrumental role in driving day to day analysis that inspires the direction of our products and revolutionizes the healthcare space. You will turn data into insights that will help us make critical business decisions to drive our product strategy. Youll be responsible for analyzing and reporting on the performance of our products, from usage and engagement to business performance and customer satisfaction. As the data visualization expert on the Product Management team, youll also work closely with our product managers and BI analytics, UI/UX design, software development, and client-facing teams on important data analytics projects to improve how we track and report on our product performance both internally and to our customers. You see the big picture, while thriving in the details needed to drive day-to-day progress.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, wed love to hear from you.
You will own data analysis for our Product Management team, including interpretation of results. Note that your work will primarily leverage analysis/visualization tools (Looker, Google Analytics, etc).
- Generate analyses of product and future utilization (leveraging Looker, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and other internal tools)
- Analyze and report on product and feature usage and identify opportunities to drive user engagement and customer satisfaction
- Analyze and prepare reports on key business metrics of the product portfolio
- Analyze data anomalies for early indication of bugs in reporting and performance
- Develop, product, and provide analysis on standardized reports for product management team
- Provide data visualization and analysis support for the product management team
- Provide operational support to Analytics Product Manager for ongoing product development activities related to Reporting
- Provide analysis of client feedback, both quantitative and qualitative, including market data, survey data, and client enhancement requests
- Gather and present data needed to inform key decisions
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources
- Collaborate with Analytics product manager and cross-functional stakeholders to define better success metrics and measurement strategy, and how to effectively report out after the fact
Product Departmental Operations
- Lead data cleanup efforts as needed
- Analyze and report on key metrics and product investments to Executive leadership, including in quarterly business reviews.
- Build Jira and other types of dashboards to give product team improved visibility into product development progress
- Collaborate on processes and generate reports to measure Product team efficiency/operational improvements
- Identify and implement process opportunities for how the Product Management team leverages data
- Advise on Tool selection
The ideal candidate must be a collaborative, high energy individual with a strong sense of urgency, and a performance-based track record of accomplishments. A driven self-starter with high initiative and confidence.
- 6+ years of experience in data analysis or a related area
- Proficiency analyzing complex data sets, including a thorough aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Technical expertise regarding data models and segmentation techniques
- Proficiency and 3+ years of experience working with data analysis/visualization tools, especially Tableau and Looker
- Experience with web analytics tools like Matomo/ GA
- Proficiency and 3+ years of experience leveraging Jira data and building Jira dashboards
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including using functions/formulas to manipulate data, such as V-lookup, pivot tables, error-checking, and macros, and developing properly formatted reports
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks with varying degrees of priority in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Able to work autonomously with minimal daily supervision and demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint to present findings
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics required
- Experience working in a SAS company and in the healthcare space highly desirable
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans