Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $30M in revenue, with annual revenues in excess of $10M.
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Current and past clients include Blackstone, Boeing, KKR, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Business Roundtable, Governor John Kasich, Congressman Conor Lamb and Republican Voters Against Trump.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
We are looking for creative, self-motivated, flexible thinkers to join our team as a Data Analyst Intern. Working with Applecarts political strategists, data analysts, and data scientists, the Data Analyst Fellow will contribute to targeting, analytics, and polling efforts on behalf of some of the countrys most prominent trade associations, political campaigns, non-profits, independent expenditure efforts, and corporations.
About the Role
We are looking for creative, self-motivated, flexible thinkers to join our rapidly growing start-up as an Analyst Intern. Working with Applecarts political strategists, data analysts, and data scientists, you will assume meaningful responsibilities to help meet client needs, execute on their own research projects, and play a large role in helping our clients win campaigns.
What You Will Do
- Assist in general, ongoing campaign activities
- Explore Applecarts current and past projects to produce analyses and associated learnings
- Build insight-rich reports for both our clients and internally within the company
- Draft political polls to effectively measure public opinion about specific issues or candidates
- Assist in the development of proposal and pitch materials for prospective clients
- Build case studies of current and past campaign successes
- Research developments in political news, political science (including research into political candidates, the histories of certain political geographies, and the academic literature of modern political campaigns), and political polling
- Develop your technical skills and gain a deeper understanding of statistics
Education and Experience
- You are currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate from, a BA/BS or MA/MS program at a four-year college or university in political science, public policy, statistics, computer science, economics, or a related field
- You have previously worked on a small team and successfully completed time-sensitive, detail-oriented projects
- You work well with a small team in a fast-paced, self-motivated environment
- You have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- You maintain a particularly sharp attention to detail
- You are comfortable and confident in problem-solving as a team and autonomously
- You have a passion for American politics and an interest in the nuts and bolts of political campaigns; self-proclaimed political junkies welcome!
- You are open to working with solutions-oriented candidates and causes on both sides of the political aisle
- You want to understand and execute using data-driven decision making
- You have worked on a political campaign or conducted political research
- You have quantitative work experience
- You are familiar with a programming language; SQL and/or Python a plus
- Internship terms: Summer or Fall 2021
- This is a paid internship program