Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
We are looking for creative, self-motivated, flexible thinkers to join our team as a Data Analyst Fellow. Working with Applecarts political strategists, data analysts, and data scientists, the Data Analyst Fellow will contribute to targeting, analytics, and polling efforts on behalf of some of the countrys most prominent trade associations, political campaigns, non-profits, independent expenditure efforts, and corporations. This role is a full-time 6-month contract position with the possibility of becoming a full-time permanent role.
What Youll Do
- Work quickly and fluently in SQL to assess, ingest, and transform raw datasets into digestible analytics reports
- Partner with other data analysts to build predictive models using Applecarts social graph, demographic, and political behavior datasets
- Translate findings from data analysis into digestible reports for non-technical, client audiences
- Build advertising audiences for targeting and marketing that will drive maximum ROI with limited client resources
- Draft survey questionnaires, create targets for weighting, create top-lines, and QC the result.
Who You Are
- College level coursework in statistics, survey research, data analysis, sampling or mathematics
- Ability to manage multiple tight timelines with competing deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail, you find the things others miss
- Interest in or passion for politics, the legislative process, technology, data analytics, and data science
- Ability to produce intuitive, client-ready data reports and visualizations
- Experience working in advocacy, public affairs, political campaigns, public policy, product marketing, market research, or marketing analytics
- History of being a self-starter and proactive team member
- Experience with Python
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with survey research and experimental design techniques (A/B testing, RCT, etc. )