Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility and is currently designing the next generation of innovative vehicles leveraging industry best practices and bleeding edge technology. The Research and Development team at Superpedestrian works on advanced technologies for our electric vehicles, including high-accuracy positioning, rider behavior analysis, investigating new sensors for improved safety, advanced driver assistance features, and much more.
This includes reviewing literature to keep up on the latest advances in ADAS (Advanced driver-assistance systems) technology, designing filters and algorithms to make riding safer, debugging data logs that dont perform as expected, tuning to improve performance across a wide variety of vehicles and riders, and finally, shipping production code that runs on the scooter, in real-time. Were looking for an R&D Software Engineer to join our team.
This position reports to the Director of R&D and can be performed remotely.
What youll do:
- Work with and learn from world leading experts in their field on cutting edge technologies that make both riders and pedestrians safer
- Contribute directly to code that runs on tens of thousands of scooters around the world
- Debug, analyze, test, tune, and iterate on algorithms
- Write scripts to analyze large datasets to find and resolve issues
- Collaborate with the entire team to write well tested, clean code and participate in code and design reviews
What were looking for:
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience implementing and debugging algorithms
- Some experience with any of the following:
- Geospatial data, GPS, Kalman Filters, sensor fusion, INS, and/or numerical algorithms
- Solid software engineering skills. Specifically, comfortability with MATLAB or Python and familiarity with C.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A love of automation
What would make you stand out:
- Deep experience with Kalman Filters, GPS/INS sensor fusion, and/or numerical algorithms
- Deep experience with analyzing geospatial data
- Deep experience with embedded systems and/or cloud computing
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.