Internship Duration: June 5th-August 11th, 2023
At Wayfair, we love to solve complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace a journey enabled by more than 3,000 Wayfair engineers.
The Wayfair Global CyberSecurity team designs secure solutions and systems, builds trusted relationships with our customers and partners across our global organization, investigates security incidents, discovers and mitigates vulnerabilities, both internal and external. Our teams cover all aspects of cybersecurity for Wayfair, from application security, to physical security, to network security, to penetration testing, to security operations, and monitoring. We work closely with our privacy and risk teams to ensure that customer data is protected and used consistent with laws and regulations around the world (e.g., GDPR, CCPA). We are looking for curious, collaborative, critical thinking, customer-focused interns to support our teams, and ideally join us full-time after the internship.
The Wayfair Global CyberSecurity team is a collegial, fun-loving group of problem solvers. Successful candidates are team players who like learning new things, communicating well, knowing when to ask for help, and are always offering help.
What Youll Do
- Support and conduct security assessments of systems, data flows, and third party vendors.
- Perform log reviews and analyze security events and threats.
- Analyze security issues, determine cause and impact, and recommend corrective action.
- Identify, coordinate, track, and report remediation for high-risk vulnerabilities.
- Triage various security and privacy tickets to facilitate prioritization and processing.
- Participate in establishing appropriate controls for Cloud Security, Endpoint Protection, Security Software Development, Identity & Access Management, and Data Protection.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation of security tools.
- Collaborate with other IT security and privacy professionals to provide exceptional support and problem resolution.
- Review and update security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Support and help devise security and privacy awareness campaigns.
- Review and understand compliance regulations, such as SOX and PCI.
- Participate in team initiatives.
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
What Youll Need
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate/graduate degree program in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- An understanding of basic security concepts and practices.
- You have a proven track record of strong academic performance.
- Eagerness to learn with a general understanding and interest in a career in cybersecurity, risk management, and technology practices.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to peers, coworkers, and customers.
- Are self-driven and motivated to work in a results-driven agile environment.
- A self-starter who is eager to expand their skills and knowledge.
- Technical capability and/or interest in one or more of these areas:
- Scripting & Infrastructure as Code
- Log analysis
- Threat Modeling
- Identity and Access Management
- Ethical Hacking
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].