Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Our rockstar Customer Support team works directly with customers, helping them with questions related to our products, their orders, and their dogs genetic results. In this role, you will learn the duties of the customer support team and help produce and implement the training and enablement materials used to onboard and train new Customer Support team members. You will also help develop and maintain continued learning materials used to enable the ongoing education of the existing team members. As the Training & Enablement specialist you will need to understand complex genetic concepts and be able to translate that knowledge into teachable content.
What you'll do:
- Craft existing content into new training materials used to educate new and existing CS Reps.
- Initiate and manage cross-team collaboration to create new learning materials regarding canine genetics, logistics, product, and breeder-specific issues.
- Audit and edit existing material and identify ways to streamline and improve the onboarding and continued learning process.
- Aid in the development of new learning platforms and practice environments.
- Help establish a system of Quality Assurance and/or another measurement of success for the CS team.
- Represent Embark Vet in a professional manner.
- Meet metrics related to service level, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Learn advanced concepts about canine genetics, including interpreting results, and help explain these concepts to members of the CS team as they reply to customer inquiries.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
What experience were looking for:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent.
- A degree or experience in a scientific field, such as Biology, Zoology, or the equivalent is a plus
- 6 months to 3 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- 6 months to 3 years experience in a training, onboarding, and/or teaching type role.
- Experience with Lessonly, or a similar learning platform, is a plus.
- Comfortable translating complex scientific and/or technical concepts into easy-to-understand, actionable information for our customer support team members and our customers.
- Experience working with dogs, in either a veterinary setting or with breeders, is a plus
- Experience with Zendesk or similar CRM software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work late hours and/or weekends when needed
- Must love dogs!
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.