The Customer Success Manager’s core responsibility is to manage implementation projects from inception to production roll out. A successful candidate will be skilled at creating project plans, allocating resources, communicating with customers, and mitigating project based risk factors. The candidate will work with Product Management, Engineering, Operations, as well as Marketing and Sales teams to ensure each project’s success.
A successful candidate will be able to manage multiple fast-paced implementation projects with set timelines, interpret the customer’s business requirements, and assist with solution architecture for each implementation.
• Lead the process of new customer implementations
• Ability to manage 10+ fast-paced projects simultaneously
• Define criteria for success and scope implementation solutions in conjunction with the account team
• Serve as a key member of the account management team
• Work daily with customers to ensure success of projects and ongoing client satisfaction
• Translate customer needs and issues into a set of business requirements
• Craft detailed requirements of client solutions that can be passed to solutions engineering teams
• Conduct on-site project meetings and status updates with key accounts
• Provide ad-hoc troubleshooting and ongoing training for existing customers as needed
• Assist with the creation of training documentation as needed
• Assist with other services and support activities as required
• Travel approximately 30-50%
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and is passionate about technology. The candidate should be effective working in a team environment, as well as have the ability to work independently on specific projects. The candidate should be professional, self-motivated, extremely detail oriented, proactive, and results-oriented.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Sciences or related field required
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science desired
• Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
• In-depth knowledge of data systems and structures
• Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to initiate and manage relationships with customers of all levels
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Advanced proficiency with Project Management styles including Agile and Waterfall
• Ability to understand and translate customer requirements
• Critical thinking, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving expertise
• Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Professionalism and ability to interact with all levels of management
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL (desirable)
• Previous experience with SaaS (desirable)
• Previous experience with technical writing (desirable)
• Understanding of the financial services industry (desirable)
Seismic is a rapidly growing software company that prides itself on creating successful and happy customers, while having fun in the process. Our software is the leading sales enablement solution that allows sales teams to deliver the right content at the right time on any device. Founded in 2010, Seismic is privately held, backed by leading venture capital firms Sigma West, JMI Equity, and General Atlantic Partners and has offices in both San Diego and Boston.