We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate team works to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless borrower to real estate agent interaction, and providing customer support throughout the home discovery experience. One of Better's newer's teams, the Real Estate function looks for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen and a "get stuff done" mentality.
In this role, you'll be on the front lines as the first point of contact for potential borrowers. Your role is to provide the framework for Better's customer-centric approach throughout the home buying process and build strong relationships with our clients. This position allows you the opportunity to enhance your communication and relationship-building skills through direct engagement with our customers, and ongoing collaboration with the different departments of the Real Estate team.
Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, and marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging directly with prospective leads, including via SMS/text message
- Working with Loan Consultant Associates to build a pipeline of customers
- Building relationships with real estate agents across the country
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process
- Providing the best customer (rather than sales) experience possible.
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor's degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
More Jobs From