eResearchTechnology (ERT) provides unparalleled service and reliable solutions with a common purpose - to ease the challenges of product safety and testing efforts while improving and saving lives. Our important work sets the industry standard. Our team provides proven scientific and regulatory leadership to biopharmaceutical and medical device companies around the world. Our global clients rely upon our expertise - across Cardiac Safety, Respiratory research, ePRO, and Consulting Solutions - to expedite their clinical research studies and empower them to make their expert decisions, more quickly and accurately, related to their product development and approval efforts.
Our global company is growing. Our aim is to lead clinical studies to success and to make a contribution to public health. We identify and reward great talent. We're refreshingly friendly and our teamwork is unrivaled.
Join our Philadelphia team as a
Customer Care Helpdesk Supervisor
The Customer Care Helpdesk Supervisor coordinates and supervises the daily activities of Helpdesk staff, sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors. Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing customer business through effective implementation and/or support of the company products and services.
In this role, you will handle the following responsibilities:
- Manage the professional response to customer support requests in an accurate and timely manner, with input from the Manager, Customer Care. Determine appropriate action to ensure customer satisfaction while protecting the Customer Care division's financial responsibility. Ensure that all customer contacts are fully documented into the call management system and the required databases.
- Manage the team to assist Customer Care Specialists/Representatives by identifying problem areas within product lines as they occur. Manage the collection and documentation of data necessary for problem areas to be researched appropriately.
- Responsible for assisting the QC analyst with any recommendations that are needed to be implemented within their team.
- Accurate, regular and timely reporting to the Manager, Customer Care.
Define standard procedures according to the company standards.
Manage, motivate and evaluate team to meet expected standards and procedures:
- Set, work on and reach performance goals related to future planning for the group as agreed upon with the Manager, Customer Care.
- Provide leadership through the coaching and supporting of team members
- Provide consistent, ongoing feedback to maintain and improve the team’s performance.
- Responsible for one-on-one meetings to be held at a minimum of once a year that should take place prior to the year-end Success Factors process, including writing the Success Factor Year End Review for their team.
- Use communication skills as a tool to build excellent relationships with customers and colleagues and use cross-departmental communication to improve synergy effects, discuss and resolve issues.
- Act as a back-up performing Customer Care Representative/Specialist tasks as needed (anticipated at up to 30% of the time)
- Set high standards of performance for oneself; actively apply feedback received to daily work and strives to improve performance and regularly displays a positive attitude.
- Take a broad view of the business by supporting initiatives in other departments as well as supporting new product lines.
- Provide reports upon request to the Manager, Customer Care as it pertains to the daily operating function of the Customer Care Department.
Responsible for any special projects that may be assigned as needed by the Manager, Customer Care. The supervisor will provide updates to the status of the assignment, about differences in given deadlines, the measures taken and generally about all business-related aspects.
Manage the professional response to customer support requests in an accurate and timely manner, with input from the Manager, Customer Care. Determine appropriate action to ensure customer satisfaction while protecting the Customer Care division's financial responsibility. Ensure that all customer contacts are fully documented into the call management system and the required databases.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Our ideal candidate will offer the following qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership experience, preferably in a Technical Helpdesk setting
- Associates degree in electronics or technical school or equivalent experience. Knowledge of application, operation and repair of PC based medical equipment or related products.
- Must have excellent written and spoken English language skills. While note required, German language skills would be a big plus.
- Experienced providing support and service of medical equipment, team work
- Demonstrates flexibility in daily work; available for off-hours support during the course of the work week; able to be on-call during a rotating schedule for the weekends.
- Demonstration of self-composure in all customer relations, strong persuasion skills with customers
- Ability to work independently and effectively in given areas of responsibility
- Able to develop efficient problem solutions, business management techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of safety/security protocols, company policies, quality, ERP, CRM, office package and assigned products.
- Willingness to travel worldwide to ERT SBUs, business partners and meetings when required on short notice to rectify problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.