Were an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Sr. Manager, Carbon & Biologicals Sales Enablement leads the Indigo Carbon & Biologicals sales enablement strategy and operationalizes it. This role will work cross-functionally to drive sales expertise for Indigos grower-facing teams and external channel partner account managers as we shift to a higher degree of channel sales. This role will serve as the subject matter expert in coaching and training team members to positively impact sales skills and company growth. This person will proactively find gaps in processes and develop solutions to enhance productivity and delivery. The role partners with sales leaders within Indigo and external channel partner account managers to provide a framework for continuous improvement and growth. The role is part of the Commercial Operations (sales) team within Carbon & Biologicals.
Strategy and Business Development:
- Defines sales enablement strategy in conjunction with Indigos global sales organization and agronomic seasons
- Works collaboratively with sales, sales operations, marketing, partners, and other key stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment across all functions to increase sales results and productivity.
- Supports the buying and selling processes at all stages, from lead generation to win/loss.
- Leads the creation and deployment of appropriate training, content/sales messaging identification in partnership with key stakeholders, processes, practices, and tools
- Supports product and offer launches by preparing and enabling the sales team to understand and sell our solutions, coordinating closely with the offer launch operations teams
- Owns training, content, processes, practices, and tools needed to support salespeople throughout the buyers journey.
- Responsible for continuous learning programs for sales, including quarterly all hands, regional training sessions, and on-demand courseware.
Data Integrity & Insights:
- Utilizes relevant field research and hyper-local instrumentation data to close gaps on objections and equip sales teams with regionally specific solutions.
- Responsible for tracking and analysis of courseware, certifications, and content usage, using metrics and observation to improve the sales process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Motivate internal and external leadership teams and accelerate the adoption and execution of effective management disciplines, including the establishment of a coaching program.
- Success is measured by the impact on sales productivity, sales cycle length, win/loss, sales and channel onboarding time, and sales enablement tool usage.
- Highly organized, able and comfortable working in a matrixed environment
- Expert ability to consult or provide guidance on complex matters to other stakeholders, for example, aggregating field feedback to our offer teams in an actionable format
- Strategic, forward-facing vision to proactively start new initiatives
- Ability to equip and gain the trust of the field team, establishing deep conviction of Indigos Carbon & Biologicals offers, with the support of the sales leads
- Clear ability to understand the buyer journey for new offers in the market and the importance of a well-defined sales process and importance of the sales process
- Strategic, data-driven thinker
- Project management all-star
- Excellent listener & communicator empathetic
- Extensive knowledge of sales enablement best practices (analysis, instructional design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation)
- Experience defining and running sales enablement initiatives, ideally with prior experience working in the agriculture industry
- Content marketing experience or developed pitch materials in past
- 5+ years in tech, ideally a sales position
- Agriculture experience preferred, either from on-farm experience or industry experience (will still consider Enablement Gurus & Masterminds without Agriculture experience)
- Excited by Indigos mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry and the world; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Sales metrics management experience with a CRM, preferably SalesForce
- Experience with Training the Trainer and modeling TSPR (Teach, Support, Practice, and Review)
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.