Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Credit & Collections Analyst to join our team! This role will entail contacting our customers by phone and email to secure payment on overdue accounts. The Credit and Collections Analyst will be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to initiate difficult conversations and negotiate favorable outcomes for the company.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years experience within the Collections function or B2B Phone experience in a customer-facing role such as Sales or Support.
- Skilled Negotiator
- Competence in using coordinated software (Salesforce and Zuora)
- Proficient in Excel
- Quick learner and self-starter who can work independently and manage their own time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills
- Accustomed to working with timelines and performance measurements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and organization
- Enjoys taking ownership of and resolving problems
- College degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience
What You'll Do:
- Negotiating the best possible outcome for CarGurus with results-oriented customers
- Making outbound telephone calls (30+ a day) to customers to collect payment for overdue Invoices
- Acts as the liaison between sales/customer relation teams and the customers to handle overdue accounts
- Process and post customer payments to open invoices
- Regularly supervise the accounts receivable aging for accuracy and completeness
- Working with varying levels of personnel within internal and customer organizations to resolve any collection issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.