Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
This lynchpin new role will work across the Bowery marketing team project managing go-to-market initiatives and owning marketing operations. The Marketing Operations Manager will manage and coordinate new product launch projects (GTM) and brand-defining marketing moments in partnership with the Innovation, Communications, Brand, and Shopper Marketing verticals. You will ensure successful and timely GTM through strong project management and collaboration. A successful candidate will have a background in marketing operations & project management and familiarity with key marketing areas such as creative, digital marketing, print, and media.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and lead marketing project plans and timelines for go-to-market product launches and key quarterly marketing initiatives
- Coordinate with marketing and innovation functions to ensure the deliverables are met on time. This will include collaborating with key business stakeholders such as the Sales Team to ensure KPIs are met
- Recognize and mediate project risks, manage any issues and develop proposals to address challenges to ensure efficient workflow
- Lead weekly check-ins and communicate updates with key stakeholders
- Support marketing team on initiating tool audits and searches to best serve and optimize team processes, including but not limited to a CRM, Find in Store Locator, etc.
- Assist with marketing production for quarterly initiatives. Work with the Brand Marketing team to source professional talent and lead the budgeting process from start to finish
- When a partner agency is developing the creative work, act as a key Bowery contact point for agency project management and production. Ensure the agency delivers agreed creative on time and on budget
- Manage project budgets to ensure GTM and marketing activations are delivered as projected
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced Marketing Operations Manager ideally with a background working with CPG companies
- You are an expert in independently managing large projects with multiple workstreams, including project launches and marketing tentpoles
- You have experience leading marketing tool audits and searches
- You have start-up/emerging brand experience across multiple marketing touchpoints and love working in a fast-paced, friendly culture
- You are a self-starter who is motivated with the ability to prioritize work based on business and team objectives
- You are an excellent communicator and a natural problem-solver
- Experience in food & passion for sustainability or innovative farming practices is a plus
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/