Office Tour Photos
Twitter is seeking an exceptional leader to play a vital role in setting and driving Twitter’s strategic design vision. Reporting directly to the Head of Design and Research, this person will manage and develop a team of sophisticated and creative design professionals and foster a culture of product design-led thinking to enable Twitter to reach its business goals. This person will lead projects from conception through execution, partnering with several other cross-functional teams to develop compelling and effective design solutions. They will influence and evolve the design and creative development process.
This role can be based in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Austin, or in any one of our US offices.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and develop a team of world-class designers and creatives.
- Collaborate closely with Product Design, Research, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing leadership to drive Twitter’s growth as the public conversation layer of the internet.
- Provide design creative direction for the Twitter app across web and mobile devices.
- Bring operational rigor and workflow excellence to managing the function including resourcing decisions.
- Communicate effectively design decisions based on user research, content strategy, usability, and design
- Bring a high level of design standards, practice, and aesthetics to all design solutions and executions.
- Lead projects from concept through completion.
- Know design holistic strategies and solutions across all mediums.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be a sophisticated leader and people manager. They will have a history of the building and leading teams that come from a technical and creative background. With superior relationship and collaboration skills, this person will be seen as an impactful leader in the consumer creative community, a thought partner with a commitment to products that deliver fantastic user experience, and a rigorous operational executive with a bold and innovative aesthetic. They will be known for taking well-calculated risks and having a deep understanding of the product development process.
If this role sounds like a great match:
- 15+ years of design / creative experience with 5+ years in a leadership or management role at a top branding agency, advertising agency or with a consumer technology brand.
- Successful track record of building and implementing sustainable and scalable product design frameworks.
- Experience leading a 10+ cross-functional team.
- Proven experience recruiting, hiring, managing, and developing a high performing team. Has a large network of strong design talent.
- Wide-ranging consumer design experience including apps.
- Technically adept and familiar with UI and UX trends on iOS, Android, and the web.
- Experience directing brand, visual, and user experience/product design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Executive presence combined with strong conviction to make decisions fearlessly.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
More Jobs From