The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
This position is designed for a business lawyer who understands our business and wants to make an impact by helping structure and document transactions with customers in critical industries around the world. You will be a key contributor to the Legal Department in a fast-paced environment with colleagues who are changing the world.
- Analyze complex customer contract and tender documents and provide Legal support to Sales in negotiating transactions and completing required documentation.
- Enable the success of Sales and other internal groups by providing timely, sound advice that they can effectively action.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial thought and action. Have an ownership orientation, as opposed to acting as a passive consultant or external advisor. Be directly involved in issues and on top of the details. Be the accountable subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and creativity. Be engaged in the business, be ready to solve problems and seize opportunities when and where they present, drive change and challenge complacency.
- Focus on hands-on practical outcomes. Be flexible and spend time on whats important.
- Work effectively in ambiguous situations, through shifting priorities and rapid change.
What You'll Need
- Familiarity with U.S. export regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking and written and oral communications skills
- Business acumen and desire to have an impact on the company
- Experience drafting, analyzing and negotiating complex contracts, preferably with governmental or regulated customers
- 5+ years experience in sophisticated legal environment(s); Software technology and international experience preferred
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of state bar association