Office Tour Photos
We are looking for upcoming 2020 MBA graduates to join our Corporate Development team here at athenahealth. In this role, the right candidate would have the unique opportunity to work with and learn about all divisions across athenahealth and make a meaningful impact to the business. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You have a natural curiosity, raw intellectual horsepower and the ability to drive strategic thinking and execution. You are a proactive leader and problem solver that can manage complex projects as well as build relationships across all levels of the organization. You are a self-starter who possess the ability to adapt and deal with ambiguity and execute. You possess a team-oriented attitude with an action-oriented mindset is critical.
The Team: The Corporate Strategy and Development (CSD) division is a new team inside athenahealth. With the integration of athenahealth and Virence Health now complete, athenahealth is refocusing on its next phase of growth for the company one that not only harnesses the collective talent, experiences, and energy here at athenahealth, but also that of the broader healthcare ecosystem. CSD was formed to play a critical role in helping to drive athenahealths growth agenda. The divisions charter spans strategy, partnerships (athenahealth's Marketplace and strategic partners) and M&A. CSD is a high-visibility and high impact group that will interface across all levels of the company. Specifically the team will facilitate the development, implementation, and coordination of strategic planning activities and initiatives, drive the corporate cadence, provide market research, act as an internal consulting /special projects team for the company, help drive strategic partnerships, build pipeline for the Marketplace and assist with the development and implementation of our M&A strategy.
- Support the development and delivery of strategic programs / initiatives aligned to athenahealths long-term strategy with finance and leadership.
- Provide the needed analytic and/or program management support to drive athenahealths rigorous corporate cadence, which includes monthly operating reviews, monthly Board meetings, and monthly & bi-annual leadership meetings / retreats.
- Understand the strategic issues faced by the company and/or division and provide support to drive resolution and/or develop an action-oriented plan to achieve the identified goal.
- Partnerships & M&A
- Help build and manage partnership (Marketplace and strategic partnerships) and M&A deal pipeline
- Drive and or assist in the execution of new Marketplace or Strategic partners
- In partnership with product and sales, manage strategic partner relationships
- Work with CSD leadership and product organizations on build/buy/partner analyses.
- MBA required
- 6+ years professional experience; with a background in consulting or similar experience in another corporate strategy function.
- Understanding of Healthcare IT and the industry is strongly preferred
- Experience working across corporate functions
- Strong healthcare and HIT knowledge
- Experience in analyzing complex business problems
- Strong financial analytical capabilities
- Partnership experience (OEM and reseller)
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and prioritization abilities;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required;
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From