Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal, Inc. is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to support its legal department in a wide variety of corporate governance and legal operation matters including contracts and compliance. This position will report to the Senior Director of Contracts & Compliance.
- Assist in corporate governance matters including preparing documents for Board meetings, shareholder meetings, proxy statements and public filings, including 8-Ks, 10-Q, 10-K, Section 16 filings and other SEC/Government reporting documents.
- Assist with the administration of the company's insider trading compliance program, including trainings, preclearance procedures, 10b5-1 trading plans, and trading blackouts.
- Coordinate stock-related matters with companys transfer agent.
- Prepare and maintain minute books and database for all legal entity records.
- Assist with worldwide entity management, including maintaining corporate datasheet.
- Maintain Board and compliance calendars.
- Assist Legal Department in organizing, drafting and maintaining legal documents, coordinate approvals, signatures, certificates, powers of attorney, notarization and apostille/legalization of documents.
- Serve as the primary contact within the Legal Department for detailed corporate information, liaising directly with other departments (including Finance), business units, auditors, and third parties, including outside counsel, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of any required corporate filings, annual reports in collaboration with Finance.
- Participating in special projects as needed, including litigation, M&A and financing activities, and other strategic transactions and integration activities.
- Assist with Legal Department budget, invoices for outside counsel and vendor billing and payments.
- Accept service of process and on-site service of garnishment orders, litigation notices, and subpoenas and distribute to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Assist in preparation and filing of routine agreements such as NDAs and template maintenance.
- Actively participate in the legal teams effort to support the companys growth by implementing systems, automation, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with other general legal support as needed.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree and Paralegal Certificate from ABA accredited program
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate law department
- Expertise working within the Technology business sector
- High level of confidentiality and discretion in handling of legal matters
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to exude a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able multitask and navigate ambiguity and change
- Ability to work well in a team oriented environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Familiarity with EDGAR, Carta, Shareworks or similar Web based equity tracking system
- Notary Public
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.