Controller / Director, Finance & Strategy
EF Ultimate Break
EF Ultimate Break, one of EF Education Firsts fastest growing tour products, is looking for a dynamic and accomplished Director of Finance & Strategy to join the team. As Director of Finance & Strategy, you will be a part of a passionate team that operates with the mindset of a startup but has the resources of a well-established organization. If you are energized and inspired by the challenges of this role, then we want to hear from you.
As the Director of Finance & Strategy, you will work together with the divisions VP of Finance to set and execute the business strategy. You will oversee all financial planning and analysis for the division, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow. This includes, but is not limited to, budgeting, projections, target setting, financial modeling and key investment and organizational decisions. You will be a thought-partner and advisor to both the VP of Finance and the Product President on all the company objectives and goals.
What you'll do:
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and forecasting of company financial statements
- Provide data-driven business decision support
- Ownership of strategic initiatives to drive return on investment
- Create performance metrics and provide ad hoc analytical support on new initiatives
- Generate insights, develop recommendations, and present to senior management
- And so much more!
Who you are:
- 6-8+ years of experience in an FP&A, Financial Strategy or Consulting role
- Experience using financial data to facilitate cross-functional decision making and business support
- Impeccable attention to detail, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Some accounting experience or exposure, preferred
Why youll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]).
You can expect:
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of work-from-home per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Four weeks paid vacation your first year +12 paid holidays (10 Scheduled + 2 flexible!)
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Paid international business travel
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.