Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
About the Role
SevenRooms is looking for a Controller to oversee all aspects of accounting operations and management at Sevenrooms. Reporting to the CFO, this individual will be responsible for directing the global accounting and financial operations activities of the Company. In this role you will need to work cross-functionally across all areas of the business, and partner closely with our CFO and Finance team peers. The Controller will drive the formulation of internal controls and tools to support the collection of data to support both GAAP financial reporting and cash management. You will also direct the preparation and timely delivery of statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines.
The Controller must be a leader who is a change agent and driver of innovation, and is willing to challenge the status quo from both an operational and team perspective. You will play a critical role in ensuring we continue building a world-class accounting function while partnering across the business to ensure our systems and processes are running smoothly. The ideal candidate is someone who inspires a high-performing accounting team, but can also embrace ambiguity and loves solving problems in a high growth environment.
What Youll Do
- Lead, support, and develop the global accounting team while driving efficiency & automation to keep up with the demands of our high-growth business
- Oversee the monthly global financial close process. Owns the GL and recording of all business transactions, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, while ensuring compliance with US GAAP, local accounting requirements and internal policies
- Ensure the global consolidation is prepared accurately and timely, complete monthly flux analyses
- Partner with Quote-to-Cash, Sales and other Departments to ensure the integrity of contracting, billing and revenue recognition processes
- Develop, streamline, maintain & improve processes and internal controls.
- Responsible for annual external audit preparation and oversight
- Oversee accounts payable, treasury and tax matters, with external support
- Team leadership and motivation including, motivating, coaching, training and mentoring team members
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
Who You Are
- 10+ years of progressive accounting or assurance experience, including as an Assistant Controller, Controller or Director of Accounting (preferred)
- Active CPA or equivalent required.
- SaaS & technology experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and leadership of accounting operations
- Possess a solid knowledge of US GAAP principles, as well as a solid background of overall financial operations
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, able to communicate complex concepts and risk factors to stakeholders and influence decision making
- Experienced business partner, skilled in building trust and inspiring others while ramping up in a new business and role in a complex environment
- Excitement around navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably in NetSuite a plus
- Strong CRM systems experience, preferably in Salesforce a plus
What We Offer
- Fair and equitable compensation: Salaries for our positions are based on market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization
- Comprehensive benefits package: A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax commuter options, gym reimbursements, 401K, and unique wellness memberships through OneMedical (primary care), Aaptive (virtual workouts), Carrot (fertility and pregnancy benefits), Headspace (mindfulness exercises), Quit Genius (coaching to help employees quit smoking), and Spring Health (personalized mental healthcare).
- Flexible and independent working schedule: We offer unlimited vacation because we trust you to take the time you need to recharge and be your most productive self.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall development as a leader in the industry.
- Work from anywhere: We have employees located around the world. We recognize that flexibility has become an integral part of our work lives and allows us to bring our best selves to work. 7R employees can be 100% remote for approved work locations with established business operations.
SevenRooms is trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the globe, from local independent restaurants to multi-concept hospitality groups like MGM Resorts International, Wolfgang Puck, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Bloomin' Brands and more. Together with our clients, we power tens of millions of guest experiences across the globe every month.
Founded in 2011, SevenRooms is venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures and Providence Strategic Growth. We were included on Inc.s annual Best Workplaces & Forbes Best Startup Employers lists in 2020.
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/3iUUpYK