As the B2B category leader, Agero works with the most well-known automotive and insurance brands to transform the entire driving and vehicle ownership experience with next generation services and technology: from roadside assistance to accident management, connected vehicle to consumer affairs, and more.
Our automotive clients represent more than 2 in 3 passenger vehicles sold in the U.S., and two-thirds of insurance companies are served by Agero. We handle over 12 million vehicle disablement events annually, serving 115 million drivers across the U.S.
Its not just a job, its a mission to make driving safer, smarter and more enjoyable for everyone.
The Controller will be responsible for the consolidation, reporting and analysis of various internal and external financial statements. The Controller will also be responsible for the accounting and reporting of Agero and our subsidiaries including cash and debt activity, fixed assets management, M&A purchase accounting, internal controls, as well as the development and mentoring of the accounting team.
- Own and provide leadership in support of the year end financial audit
- Build and invest in relationships across the business
- Actively manage and grow the capabilities of the team
- Thought Leader
- Business or Technical Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Building Talent/Inspiring Motivating/Rewarding/Diversity & Inclusion
- Organizational Awareness
- Executive Presence
About the day to day:
- Leads, coaches and develops associates involved in financial reporting, general accounting, and accounts payable and claims disbursements.
- Oversee a timely and accurate monthly financial close and prepare significant portions of internal and external reporting. Analysis of general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly consolidated and consolidating financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Support development of key accounting systems, processes and analyses.
- Support equity administration and investments.
- Support, manage, and mentor accounting staff.
- Manage the financial statement audits and banking administration and relationships.
- Manage audit process to ensure timely submission of all documentation and proper responses for questions raised by external auditors.
- Document accounting policies and procedures, and conduct and document accounting research when needed, to ensure company financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP.
- Financial accounting assistance to support M&A activity.
- Provide technical accounting expertise (e.g., revenue recognition, leases, M&A, investments, software development, SAAS, tax, etc.)
- Maintain regulatory compliance with state governments surrounding the motor club licenses
- Provide audit and filing assistance to tax department
- Implements and periodically validates appropriate internal controls throughout the company (e.g. claims disbursements, P/R)
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all financial statement line items.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. CPA required. MBA or Masters degree in related field preferred
- 8+ years of related experience preferred with at least 5 years of progressively increasing project or management experience and responsibilities.
- Strong public/private background including 3-5 years of public accounting,
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience in a complex, global environment
- Domestic and international consolidations of multiple subsidiaries
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, best practices, internal controls and GAAP.
- Excellent project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required. Proficiency in MS Access
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financials and/or other Tier 1 accounting systems.