Liaison International, is unique in that we are an established and stable organization but have that fast-paced energy and feel of an emerging technology company. Our SaaS based admissions management and enrollment marketing software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 31,000 academic programs at more than 1,000 institutions.
The Contracts Attorney serves on the Finance Team. This role works with both internal and external business stakeholders to craft complex contracts in a wide variety of areas including vendor, partner, and customer contracts. The Contracts Attorney will own a portfolio of contracts assigned by the VP, Finance & Treasury or CFO, and be responsible for the substantive review, drafting, and negotiation of such contracts.
- Negotiate intellectual property and information technology software licensing, customer and other contracts
- Identify and assess legal and business risks, and escalate issues as needed
- Review, draft and negotiate non-routine contractual provisions in nondisclosure agreements, software licensing agreements, channel agreements, service agreements, statements of work, and amendments
- Manage version control of all assigned contracts
- Partner with business teams at all levels and across multiple functions to effectively identify and remedy contractual process issues
- Work with Finance leadership to advise business partners on potential legal risks while providing creative solutions to support business goals
- Develop, utilize and help maintain Legal department templates to draft and negotiate contracts
- Serve as a point of contact for contract questions from within the Company
- Work in collaboration with Company management team to address specific contracting issues and improve contract function generally
- Assist in Federal, State, and Local entity periodic filings
- Develop formal Legal contract review process and consider technology investments to track and streamline contract review process
- A law degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience with negotiating contracts in a law firm and/or in-house setting (software clients or software industry is must)
- Excellent contract review, drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience reviewing and drafting complex contract terms and conditions including software licensing, indemnification and limitation of liability, data security, confidentiality, and termination rights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with legal and business partners at all levels
- Extremely organized, thorough, and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work streams to meet deadlines
- Team player with strong relationship-building skills
- Positive attitude with desire and initiative to develop and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to conduct all work in an ethical, honest, professional and confidential manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint