Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Sr. User Experience Writer will be responsible for creating a consistent narrative along the end to end journey of our users. They will craft precise and meaningful user-interface content to instruct the many different users of our technology. The Sr. User Experience Writer will develop a deep understanding of our different users including consumers, healthcare providers, staff, administrators, and more. You will represent the end-user while collaborating with UX Designers, UI Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, QA, and our Legal team. You will spend your time:
- Writing user-interface content. This will include headlines, subtext, instructions, FAQs, microcopy, error text, and more.
- Championing our ever-expanding set of writing guidelines and standards.
- Reviewing and editing user-interface content written by designers and product managers.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, wed love to hear from you.
- Write and edit user-interface content
- Create a cohesive narrative for our users
- Contribute to prototypes of proposed solutions, as needed
- Organize internal feedback and findings from user research to recommend changes
- Work with our development and QA teams to ensure the quality of the final product
- Create and maintain guidelines & standards
- Review and edit user-interface content written by others for consistency
- Recommend enhancements for future development
- Advise stakeholders as an advocate for our users
- 4+ years of experience writing user-interface content within a product
- A portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of user-interface content & standards
- Advanced writing and storytelling skills
- Experience writing for complex products across both web and mobile interfaces
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile software environment; ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Passion to improve healthcare
Not required but a big plus if you:
- Have experience in the Health care industry
- Basic knowledge of Sketch
- Basic knowledge of Zeplin
- Advanced knowledge of Jira
- Ability to sketch out architecture or wireframes
Should you join Amwell and the Experience & Visual Design team, you can expect:
The Experience & Visual Design team is a talented mix of designers, illustrators, writers, usability specialists, and user interface experts. We support the full range of American Wells digital needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, compelling marketing collateral, and beautiful presentations. We are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.
More Jobs From