The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for a Principal / Senior Technical Writer who possesses a strong understanding of how to make internal documentation easy to consume and understand. Ideal candidates will take pride in quality, usability and community participation in documentation development.
- Research the available product information from requirements, specifications and user stories
- Work independently to provide technical documentation and an Information architecture that facilitates peer contributions
- Work with Cloud CTO, Cloud Architecture team, Security & Compliance team to maintain current documentation describing the system, best practices, processes and procedures to support the development, support and SRE teams and audit activities
- Work with the customer documentation team to provide Cloud-specific content
- Work with technical sales to support enablement
- Interact with technical engineers, product managers, developers, QA analysts and others to gather necessary information
- Quickly grasp and interpret technical information shared by product team members
- Embrace documentation as code including collaboration with customer and developers through tools and automated workflows
- Ensure high quality documentation free of typographical and grammatical errors
- Develop, publish and maintain end-user documentation within specified timelines
- Proactively review assigned product documentation for continuous improvement
- Provide technical and peer reviews of documentation for others on the team
- Identify gaps in existing content and propose remediation plans
- Remain current on industry trends related to product documentation and propose adjustments to current content to align to trends observed
- Communicate with globally distributed employees, some of whom are non-native
- Abide by company, department and team policies, procedures and standards, including templates, style guides and processes
- Have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or English or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience with technical writing
- Markdown languages (e.g. MDX, RST, etc)
- Source code management (e.g. GitHub, Git)
- Linux (provisioning, automation, command line)
- Image editing tools (ex. Photoshop, GIMP)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience with any programming language
- Experience with open source software
- Experience with PostGres
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.