Shoobx gets private companies ready for fundraising, exit, and beyond.
We are changing the way private companies fundraise by providing best-in-class equity management solutions. We’re passionate about what we do and build products that solve real problems, create clear paths to fundraising diligence, and get companies ready for acquisition or IPO, and beyond.
- We are a challenger brand. We are the equity management platform that the industry/private companies need as an alternative in the marketplace to the other solutions.
- We’re poised for scale. We’re growing rapidly from a team and revenue perspective and focused on scaling through strategic testing and learning.
- We’re a customer-first company. We’ve built our platform through partnership with our earliest clients and they are the lens through which we build, grow, make decisions. Rather than going out with marketing dollars, we invested in our product to build a solution that really works for our clients and helps them stay financing ready.
- We have a bigger vision to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem that goes beyond solving equity management.
We want more entrepreneurs and investors to understand that the friction they feel while fundraising is a thing of the past.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work with a mission-driven team and want the opportunity to influence and guide the Shoobx brand, voice, and reach, we’d love for you to apply!
This role is a 70-30 split between content creation (70%) and promotion (30%) as we don’t believe in the “write it and they will come” theory. Instead we approach content creation from a strategic perspective with the audience segment and promotion plan in mind before we ever begin writing. (Of course we also believe in the power of SEO…but that is just one tool in our kit).
- Craft interesting, well-researched, content to drive traffic, engage and convert target customers, and improve shared content across social media channels; content to include white papers, blog posts, website copy, eBooks, case studies, webinars, videos, presentations, speeches, and other content as needed
- Lead research to drive thought leadership that fuels white papers, webinars, press, awareness, and a reputation of Shoobx as a thought leader and information resource
- Content and Seo research strategy, new content development oversight, sales collateral development, thought leadership
- Ability to use canva to create channel-specific graphics that cut through the noise and align with our brand
- Website updates – new blog content, press content, etc
- Channel updates
- Organic social calendar development and implementation
- Email promotion
- Develop engagement strategy and build guide
- Identify engagement opportunities, assess brand alignment and implement
- Pulse on conversations and threads and engaging on brand
Content performance analysis and strategy:
- Organic campaign management and tracking
- SEO research, strategy, implementation, tracking, reporting and insights
- Content kpi tracking and analysis, ability to identify insights and make strategic recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-7 years experience in content marketing, startup marketing, product marketing, communications or writing focused roles
- Excellent written skills for online and print
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical capability
- Google analytics
- Project management tools (Asana or similar)
Agency experience a plus but not required.
Experience with Marketing tools a plus (HubSpot (or similar content marketing platforms), WordPress (or similar CMS), SEO research and tracking tools (SEMrush or similar)
Experience with design tools a plus (Canva, Adobe, iMovie, etc.) but not required.
Key experiences & competencies:
- Business Savvy & Marketing Maven: You are passionate about identifying and prioritizing strategic marketing communications opportunities and driving overall strategy. You have a strategic and holistic mindset but are action-oriented with the ability to figure things out and getting things done. You are a marketer at heart and love content writing – be it high-value eBooks, partnership collateral, a blog article, or new hire spotlight.
- Data-Driven: There’s lots to know and learn in a startup, especially this one with an amazing story and product to get out in the world. The ideal candidate will have a learning mindset focused on testing out what content and media works. You’re goal-oriented, focused and flexible and you want to know what works and do more of it (What’s the best headline? What’s the best performing article? What content actually converts? You like to prove it!).
- Team-focused: The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and communicator and committed to working together in a respectful, transparent and trust-based way in all interactions, large and small.
- Self-motivated – You like the details – grammar, punctuation, content ideas from varying sources – and can manage them all. You like tools like Asana and Google drive to collaborate
Shoobx offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan