This is a chance to get an amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
You will work closely with the startups to create and implement innovative marketing strategies. Your day to day will include content creation, social media, PR, partnership marketing, SEO and SEM, events, creation of marketing collateral (traditional and digital), and more! This is a very exciting role, as you will be alongside 10 of the top east coast startups, involved in both the strategy and operation of their content and marketing planning.
- BA in marketing and/or 2-4 years marketing experience – digital & traditional, PR, events and social media
- Minimum 2+ years of experience writing professionally
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
- Experience in digital marketing tools - utilizing Google AdWords or Facebook Ads and analytic platforms, mail programs such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp, blogging and blogging platforms, website creation and management
- Design skills – Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator – a major plus
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- The desire to be an editor as well as a writer
- Understanding of SEO, web analytics, and how to create content that drives traffic preferred
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn. This is truly key. You will be surrounded by brilliant startup founders, mentors, and investors and our goal is that you can learn as much as you can
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States. This role is for 4 months (the duration of the program)
- Currently, live in Boston or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $23 Billion.
More Jobs From