Who you are:
As a Lead Product Manager - Consumer Software, you will be a critical member of the teams efforts to expand our software offering to serve millions of homeowners across the entire lifecycle of homeownership. Reporting to the VP of Digital Products, youll work cross-functionally as the product lead for Home Equity Dashboard, our free digital platform that helps homeowners understand, grow, and manage their home equity with confidence, speed, and ease.
What you'll do:
- Own the roadmap for Home Equity Dashboard, advocating and prioritizing initiatives based on strategic vision, expected business impact, and level of effort.
- Unlock critical insights on what drives homeowners to join and retain over time and inform user segmentation strategy based on behavioral personas.
- Propose and manage product KPIs that align with our business strategy.
- Partner with key functional leads (Marketing, Business Development, Design, Engineering) to evolve our product vision for how we can create mutual value for Hometap and homeowner across the homeownership lifecycle.
- Analyze product usage data, conduct homeowner interviews, and socialize insights on our key objectives.
- Establish a healthy product-led growth model that informs demand generation planning for our primary Home Equity Investment funnel.
- Work with Product Marketing to identify and validate features that meet market needs and create a competitive advantage for Hometap.
- Participate in sprint rituals including daily standups, grooming, planning, and retrospectives to ensure a collaborative and productive scrum team.
- Write summary-level documentation (one-pagers) and define acceptance criteria at the Epic level to create shared understanding of reasoning and requirements.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of B2C product leadership experience, leveraging natural curiosity, critical thinking, and intuition to inform roadmap prioritization, experiment design, functional requirements, rollout plans, and more.
- Credibility to make decisions and pursue a point of view based on a combination of product intuition and data analysis. You will be regarded as the expert in the room, and are comfortable assuming that responsibility.
- Reliable delivery thanks to a proven and visible way of testing and generating results. You are comfortable wrangling a JIRA backlog, communicating goals, measuring effort and impact, and managing expectations accordingly.
- Influence to motivate and persuade others without direct authority. You are willing, and can help others, to disagree and commit to a decision in a timely fashion.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills that remove ambiguity and inspire others. Your requirements bring clarity and purpose to complex ideas. Your presentations hold an audiences attention while conveying the necessary information. You can translate customer feedback into functional requirements, and explain implementation choices back to non-technical stakeholders.
- Empathy not just for homeowners, but the other people youll work with at Hometap including engineers, designers, and marketers. You can facilitate user interviews, usability studies, and surveys with homeowners to learn about their financial stress and make recommendations for the roadmap based on this primary research.
- You are technically conversant. You know how to read API documentation and are capable of talking through data models, migrations, UX flows, and other implementation considerations.
- Comfort and curiosity with analyticswe currently use a combination of Segment, Heap, and Tableau.
- Bonus points: Specific experience managing mobile applications, working knowledge of the broader fintech industry and/or the proptech space