Over the past few years our company has evolved from gathering around the idea of using technology to productize the concept of having a ‘doctor in the family’ to building a thriving technology company on course to serve 100,000+ lives by the middle of 2020. We’re backed by a core group of long-term investors focused on building a game-changing platform. We aren’t afraid to make big investments and we have the ability to do so.
At the core of our product is our consumer experience. We’ve built a successful React Native powered mobile app and web app layered with automated communication tools to drive our consumer experience with great success. We firmly believe our consumer experience is at the core of our success.
Our next product hire will be tasked with continuing our drive towards humanizing the complex world of health care by empowering the other members of our consumer team. This includes working with our product design team to research, define, and build consumer features as we discover new opportunities. It also includes working with our product marketing team to ensure we’re communicating effectively with our consumers. Lastly, this hire will work hand-in-hand with the rest of our product/technology team to build world-class products at scale.
A successful hire will play a monumental part in our growth. This person will at their core elude consumer empathy and steer our consumer product toward better serving the consumer above all else. To do this, they will need to thrive in a world filled with user feedback, testing, and decision making. Having a technology (coding) background is helpful, but success in this role will revolve around defining tools and processes that simplify complex problems and ultimately bring joy to our consumers.
We’re open to candidates who have served as a product manager before and those who have excelled at related roles with a desire to transition towards a product manager role. The ability to rapidly absorb information and identify the gold nuggets from the noise is critical. At the same time, we have built a culture of teamwork and empathy towards our teammates. We hire people we enjoy working with and expect great things
- You’ve worked on a product that has rapidly scaled. You bring some hard earned lessons with you.
- You thrive when presented challenges and immediately start thinking about solutions.
- You’re passionate about consumer experience. You use data to quantify UI/UX decisions.
- You’re convinced the US health care experience can be greatly improved through technology.
- If you’ve taken an idea and created something meaningful out of it – the ability to get things done
- is massively impressive.
- You’re a true team leader. You’re the person we want to captain our consumer product because
- you make the rest of the team better.
- You will have responsibility and accountability for our user experience and business performance continually.
- You work with the product and design teams to define and guide the long term product strategy for growing the products and features that we offer to users.
- Articulate and communicate the vision, roadmap, critical decisions, and relevant learnings up and out to all levels and departments of the company, offering company-wide insight into what is being worked on.
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area in close partnership with engineering and design to invent and ship delightful products that help people work better together.
- Collaborate closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address
- user needs.
- Lead the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team that embodies the company’s values, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent and designing the team’s organizational structure to foster a strong product culture.
- Independent Product Ownership. You have demonstrated the ability to drive and deliver on the entire product lifecycle. This can include experience at a startup translating early market adoption of a new product in broad distribution, or product leadership at a larger company focused on user and usage growth for a subscription-based product.
- Leadership. You have a proven ability to evangelize new products and features to both customers and cross-functional team members, aligning the entire team around a product strategy and vision for the market. You are skilled and passionate about managing and developing teams.
- Execution. You have experience driving cross-functional product execution in a large organization, as well as experience operating in a lean environment with a focus on results- driven execution.
- Accountability. You are data-driven and goal-oriented. You measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively and understand the importance of both.
- Product craftsmanship. You have helped teams build great products that users love and improve
- their lives materially.
- Business acumen. You have experience defining product strategy that balances business and user experience goals, and a history of leading teams to deliver against those targets. Experience in the education sector
- is a plus.
- Communication. Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand down, up, and laterally across the company.
- Role model. You are a strong fit with our culture and values.
- Education and Experience. You have a BA/BS and relevant product and people management experience.