Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Payroll & Team Management business unit is centered around restaurant management--offering restaurant specific products that integrate with Toast point-of-sale to help restaurants streamline operations, protect their business and do more for their teams.
Toast, Inc. seeks a seasoned, passionate Compliance Manager to support its Toast Payroll & Team Management business unit. As Compliance Manager, you will draft and maintain corporate policies and procedures, create and manage internal testing programs, advise and consult with internal teams on areas of risk, and provide general compliance support to the Toast Payroll & Team Management business unit.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and maintain a robust compliance program ensuring that the full suite of Toast Payroll & Team Management products and partnerships--involving payroll processing, employee onboarding, scheduling, human resources offerings, employee benefits and more--complies with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Develop and utilize internal testing programs to examine business line processes and systems on a recurring basis to ensure compliance and identify instances of potential legal and/or regulatory violations.
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders to implement compliance testing programs, and report observations as necessary.
- Maintain corrective issue tracking logs, lead internal remediation efforts and facilitate independent third-party audits and reviews.
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete work papers to document testing efforts.
- Support and evaluate new and existing product releases and enhancements to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist colleagues with responding to restaurant customers regarding product-related compliance questions, escalated issues and complaints.
- Design and deliver targeted internal training to enable team members to perform their applicable responsibilities, develop products, and provide customer support, in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Monitor evolving laws that may impact Toast Payroll & Team Management and its customers.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- At least five (5) years of experience in a legal, compliance, audit or risk testing role.
- Compliance experience in payroll, human resources, employee benefits, and/or related fields.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations impacting payroll, human resources, labor & employment, employee benefits, and related fields.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to manage conflict diplomatically.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet firm deadlines.
- J.D. acceptable, but not required.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.