Knox is the first financial institution for property investors. With Knox, you can afford to buy your new home and keep your old house as a fantastic long term investment. Were changing how homeowners and property investors build wealth. There are great brands up and down Wall Street ready to make the most of your portfolio of stocks and bonds, but Knox is the first and only investment firm focused on property.
Used to be, you had to sell one home to pay for the next. Knox Financial was founded by experienced entrepreneurs who looked at the value of the homes they used to own and kicked themselves for selling. Now, things are different. Knox is unlocking preferred rates of return and creating generational wealth for families up and down the economic spectrum. Venture funded, were building an extraordinary team to help us expand rapidly.
Knox is a mission-driven company with a diverse team that values honest and transparent communication, elegant and focused execution, as well as individual and team excellence. We offer market compensation and meaningful equity for world-class teammates. In 2021, Knox continues to grow in excess of 300% year over year, launched in 3 new cities, and closed an A-round of investment. Best of all, were just getting started!
About this position: Knox is looking for a Compliance & Operations Associate to join our team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about empowering Knox and his/her teammates to deliver on the Knox mission and protecting the customer and the company. As an early team member of the Knox lending team, you will develop our compliance framework (documents & disclosures, policies & procedures, risk assessments, monitoring, corrective action processes, training) and define the operational processes to ensure that we can comprehensively and efficiently deliver against our compliance requirements and goals. You will serve as an advisor to Knox leadership on compliance requirements, lead the charge on creating and maintaining compliance systems and investigate open compliance questions to ensure the teams collective understanding is the most up to date and accurate. You will also help ensure quality by pressure testing our procedures and serve as a key point of contact with our external counsel and consultants as well as regulatory bodies and examiners. To support the team in its rapid growth, you will contribute to the operational success of the team (e.g., support in processing, underwriting loans). Your contributions will directly result in a strong culture of compliance across the company.
- You have knowledge and expertise of state and federal regulations across mortgage lending and consumer lending. If there are gaps in knowledge, you know how to identify resources to fill those gaps and are excited by the opportunity to take on a new investigative challenge
- You can successfully strike a balance between risk and growth. You have a strong sense of problem solving and can define innovative solutions to address compliance problems and operations.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and get energized by the opportunity to learn, build and grow (both you and the organization)
- You do not believe status quo needs to be status quo. You are constantly looking for opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation -- in your role, across the team or in the industry
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3-5 year of relevant experience
- A deep understanding of at least one area of mortgage and lending compliance with a working knowledge in several areas: state mortgage licensing requirements (for company and individual mortgage loan originators), mortgage reporting, consumer protection laws (e.g., TILA, Flood Act, HMDA, FCRA, RESPA, etc.).
- Familiarity with systems and technology that will enable compliance scalability. Familiarity with mortgage loan originating and/or servicing systems is a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational, project management, problem solving and communication skills (confidence across video conferencing, phone, email); must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and strategic
- Must be comfortable in a fast-changing, remote, and developing work environment, able to juggle and stay on top of deliverables independently
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization or startup (especially in mortgage tech, fintech, proptech) is a plus