Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
Thrasio is currently searching for someone to lead our Compensation practice, and help to design & build our programs to be forward-thinking, scalable, and innovative in the marketplace. This is a dynamic role that will require its incumbent to constantly move from big-picture, strategic thinking to the tactical, operational delivery of program enablement, ensuring a top-tier employee experience can be delivered by all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of People Operations, this Compensation role will be a key strategic member of the global People Operations function, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day compensation programs, including cross-functional collaboration with all departments and business leaders at the organization. This team member will play a key role in planning, developing and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring (through audits, legal reports and internal partnership) that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
The role will require a high attention to detail, superior communication, and strong time management and analytical skills. The ability to identify, analyze, and solve business problems in both a high performing cross-functional team environment and independently are beneficial traits for this position. Strong business acumen can be built, but the innate ability to solve problems, design (and improve) a process, and be agile to growing and changing needs of the business, are must-haves from Day 1.
Some Responsibilities May Include:
- Takes a leadership role in the oversight, enablement, and streamlining of all elements of Thrasio compensation programs, including: the design of cash & equity programming, leveling, and allocation throughout an annual cycle of operations; management of merit and bonus planning and execution cycles; continuous cyclical and ad-hoc benchmarking; internal equity and market trend analysis.
- Owns design and application of programs that align with Thrasio values, strategic initiatives, and People Operations / Total Rewards strategy.
- Provides advice and partnership to stakeholders and partners on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Counsels people managers, business leaders, Finance, Talent Acquisition, and People Partners to help develop strong recruitment, promotion and retention strategies.
- Participates in, conducts, and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys and benchmarking to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved and are continuously providing value to our stakeholders and business leaders.
- Designs and implements robust and scalable program guidelines around levels and ladders, as well as bonus & equity plans.
- Effectively communicates & educates employees at all levels of the organization on compensation programs, acting as a subject matter expert, and point of escalation for relevant support requests.
- Maintains strong knowledge of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance in all geographic regions of Thrasio business operations.
- Develops and maintains ongoing analytical (deep and snapshot) metrics to show the story of evolution of our compensation programs and business practices at Thrasio, including trend analysis, utilization and program efficacy, and mobility impacts.
- Seeks to ensure all employee compensation and rewards program protocols are conducted with a focus on the organizations commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; analyzes and escalates any policy or process that seems to undermine or limit the teams ability to provide equitable access to a world-class experience to all employees.
- Anything on supporting benefits programs.
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- Previous experience supporting compensation programs for multi-location (ideally international) organizations
- Experience with most or all of the following: global compensation strategy, short-term incentive (bonus plan) design & administration, leveling and salary banding, long-term incentive (stock) administration, benchmarking and survey data, sales compensation design.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in compensation administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets / other database & analytical tools.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skillsExceptional influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- E-Commerce experience is desirableMust be humble, results-oriented, collaborative and have a sense of humor and strong EQ
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.