Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Commercial Operations & Analytics Manager will help the company scale effectively by building out and implementing a robust reporting infrastructure that will power decision making across the commercial organization. This role will collaborate with key commercial, finance and leadership partners to determine key reporting needs and then lead the design and implementation of appropriate reports and dashboards. We are looking for a highly driven, problem solving individual with a deep knowledge of the data, reporting & analytics. Strong business knowledge, process orientation and ability to document will be key for this role. You will be responsible for working with multiple constituencies across the organization to develop, implement, optimize and ensure engagement with the reporting infrastructure that is built out.
This is a role that requires tight partner management and high throughput. Given our fast growing business, the ideal candidate must be comfortable operating independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead development of a reporting and business intelligence program that provides data analysis and strategic problem solving to achieve commercial objectives
- With an appropriate understanding of functional teams' goals and challenges, partner with collaborators to define data and analytics needs, execute analysis that creates meaningful insights, and present results and recommendations in a digestible and audience-specific manner
- Develop Key Performance Indicators for revenue funnel, conversion rates, and Return on Investment analysis for key commercial programs
- Develop and drive a data focused decision making processes throughout the commercial organization to drive our rhythm of business
- Development TAM, SAM analytics for the markets we serve
- Develop and implement regular reporting of key performance metrics such as forecasting, funnel analysis, and addressable market segmentation
- Help commercial team build out desired reporting both internally to team and externally to company
- Develop and manage dashboards that enable teams to access information on a self-serve basis
- Support A/B and other types of experimentation and analysis around communications and marketing and sales operations
- Assist the team to solve issues with reporting as they arise, and interact with users to help resolve questions
- Identify efficiencies with Salesforce.com and 3rd party app tools and take ownership to implement
- Must be able to own workload, work with minimal supervision, and collaborate with team to maintain and enhance a world class CRM application
- Assist in the development of training to help users adopt and engage with applications
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years' experience employing quantitative analysis in sales and marketing functions
- Demonstrable expertise with SQL. Expertise with analysis in Python or R helpful
- Healthcare analytics experience preferred
- Highly skilled in collaborating with cross-functional partners to understand goals, translate those into business requirements, and design and execute analyses that drive impactful insights
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and recommendations with imperfect data, and ability to find appropriate balance between speed and perfection
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to confidently challenge the status quo
- Experience with Sales Processes in relation to native Salesforce Account, Opportunity & Contact objects. Experience with Looker a plus.
- Strong business, technical, and analytical skills/experience are required to be effective in this position. Previous Business Analysis, Sales Ops, and/or Project Management experience a plus
- Self-starter who is detail oriented, excellent at project management, with organizational skills who can work with minimal supervision
- Has experience documenting and presenting solutions to the team and the business
- Ability to communicate and work with all different business units across the organization and at all levels
- Very high degree of MS Excel proficiency
- Excited about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth healthcare technology company
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.