Office Tour Photos
- Provide legal advice to all key business functions and draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements, including license, SaaS subscription, master and professional services, distribution, reseller, OEM and privacy related agreements
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including development and implementation of processes that improve time to contract without material increases in risk
- Provide practical guidance to the Procurement and Business organizations that balances business objectives and legal risk
- Keep abreast of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different departments to close deals
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3+ years’ experience in transactional or corporate law
- Demonstrated experience with SaaS subscription agreements, software licenses, master and professional services agreements, distribution and reseller agreements, OEM agreements, data processing agreements, and NDAs is preferred
- You must be a member of at least one state bar and in good standing
- Flexibility to adapt and thrive in an environment that is constantly expanding and changing
- High integrity and excellent judgment
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From