Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
- Support cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Manage application systems supporting customer environment
- Assume ownership of application related issues; pursues problem resolution and root cause analysis with both internal departments and vendors
- Work with other departments on new application related architecture and/or updates to existing architecture
- Plan and install upgrades, patches and configuration changes
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new systems and processes/procedures
- Identify and address increases in system resource requirements
- Ensure strict compliance with regulations such as HIPAA and PCI
- Experience with AWS is a must
- Experienced in management of enterprise application systems. This includes daily operations, management, project planning, understanding application lifecycles, production support requirements, and data security policies
- Management of change control and related processes
- Experience in managing SaaS systems
- Familiarity with docker architecture
- Fundamental understanding of cloud computing
- Comfortable working with Red Hat Linux
- Familiar with writing and debugging SQL queries and PL/SQL packages
- Competent in a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, or Python
- Candidate needs to be able to interact with and help users with varying degrees of technical aptitude. Effective communication skills are required
- Ability to work on several projects and tasks concurrently - time slicing and prioritizing as required
- Ability to work in a secure environment and to treat data security as a high priority. Experience with database security settings to maintain a highly secure database environment is required
Should you join Amwell and the Technical Services team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans