Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is on a mission to give the financial opportunity to all; we want to build financial systems that work for everyonenot just the wealthy. But that takes more than just a mission. It takes great people and an open, inclusive, and diverse environment where innovation and quality can thrive.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our team and protect our rapidly expanding web and mobile investment platform. As a Cloud Security Engineer, youll be responsible for identifying and architecting solutions that will protect Stash customers, employees, and our product from threats. This individual will utilize the latest technologies and techniques to create the most secure environment possible at Stash.
What youll do:
- Implement and maintain both detective and preventive security controls for Stashs cloud environments.
- Work to identify areas of security vulnerabilities and drive cleverly engineered, scalable solutions that improve our defense-in-depth
- Help engineers design more secure cloud infrastructure systems
- Perform risk assessments on our microservices and infrastructure
- Develop detection mechanisms for alerting, responding to, and investigating security incidents
- Balance our security risk and product advancement by clearly communicating risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Be a security subject matter expert and respond to any internal security engineering questions/requests
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years proven work experience as a security engineer, DevOps engineer, or an IT engineer with security experience or equivalent position
- Demonstrated proficiency working with public cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure fundamentals across networking, systems, and data stores
- Familiarity with tools such as Git, CI/CD pipelines, and Kubernetes
- Strong scripting experience in Python and/or Bash
- Experience with conducting security assessments and remediation exercises
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.