Bullhorn is looking for a Cloud Security Architect to join our Development team.
Bullhorn is the leading global software provider for the staffing and recruitment industry. More than 10,000 companies rely on Bullhorn’s cloud-based platform to power their staffing processes from start to finish. Through our incredible products and services, we create raving fan customers, resulting in company growth that consistently offers new opportunities for our talent to advance their careers. 25% of our global workforce gets promoted or moves into a new role every year, expanding their skills and working with new people. Bullhorn is large enough to provide these exciting opportunities but small enough to maintain the energy of a startup, and we’re consistently ranked as a great place to work for our strong culture and rewarding career opportunities.
Our commitment to our employees: Every Bullhorn employee has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and a clear path to success. Bullhorn offers unlimited planned vacation, great opportunities for career development, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Our in-office employees enjoy a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and quarterly social events. While working from the comfort of their own homes, our remote employees are provided a full equipment package with all the tools they need to perform their role. We use Zoom, Slack, and other tools to stay connected while we are remote.
As a Cloud Security Architect at Bullhorn, you will lead the Cloud Security Architecture vision, design, and implementation for our software hosting infrastructure. You will help identify, research, and design new solutions to protect a complex ecosystem of SaaS products built on a diverse set of software and database technologies.
You will collaborate closely with software engineering and technical operations teams to define scalable, durable, and secure solutions for protecting a diverse set of services, messaging layers, database engines, and file servers. You will also work closely with the Information Security team to ensure technical implementations adhere to security policies.
Why this job is important
- Bullhorn’s critical infrastructure encompasses thousands of physical and virtual servers distributed across 4 physical data centers and a variety of cloud environments.
- The applications hosted on the above infrastructure supports millions of active daily users across dozens of Bullhorn products.
- Cloud Security Architects define security models that ensure that our software continues to protect customers' data.
- Architects also help raise awareness of new technologies and methods that can help operate this infrastructure more efficiently and affordably.
- Architects regularly solve highly technical and challenging problems to support a wide variety of behind the scenes business processes.
- Cloud Security Architects also mentor and coach software developers, systems engineers, and security engineers in best practices for securing and protecting systems.
As a Cloud Security Architect, a typical day might include:
- Collaborating with software engineers and InfoSec to determine security models for new applications and services.
- Designing and piloting new scalable patterns and principles for Cloud and container Security in collaboration with the Information Security team.
- Evaluating new technologies for securing Bullhorn’s multi-cloud environment
- Creating tools and automations to improve the effectiveness of security engineers and operators.
- Identifying upcoming risks to our systems and collaborating with development and infrastructure teams to protect against those risks
- Collaborating with senior product leadership on architectural vision and strategy
- Promoting security best practices and patterns during architectural design discussions and reviews.
- Evaluating technology and planning integrations for newly acquired software companies.
- Mentoring and coaching systems engineers, software engineers, and security engineers to adhere to best practices.
This job might be for you if:
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field (...or you have the industry experience to prove that wasn’t necessary)
- You have 10+ years of experience designing and maintaining security solutions for SaaS applications.
- You have demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise security in one or more public clouds, preferably AWS as well as on-prem solutions.
- You have experience implementing a compliance framework within multiple hosting environments (e.g. SOC, ISO27001, NIST, CSA, etc.)
- You have proven experience working with a variety of networking, IDS/IPS, SIEM, firewall, Anti-DDoS, and other attack mitigation technologies, especially in the context of Kubernetes and Cloud infrastructure
- You have designed and implemented security solutions within kubernetes overlay networks.
- You have expert-level knowledge of Kubernetes, Puppet, and similar technologies for standing up a large number of services.
- You are comfortable working in various versions of Linux and Windows.
- You have demonstrated success in mentoring development teams in consistent architectural best practices.
- You’re a tech guru with a passion for continuous improvement who’s excited by finding better designs for infrastructure security.
Bonus points for:
- Experience creating software and systems policies for security and compliance.
- Experience with honeypots in a production network.
- Experience managing budgets and working with hardware and software vendors
- Have undergone and successfully mitigated a DDoS attack.
- Prior experience developing security ChatOps tooling.
Bullhorn is committed to our core values and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- Service - You go beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Energy - You build up your teammates and leave people positively charged.
- Ownership - You take action and own up to your mistakes.
- Speed & Agility - You go around obstacles and demonstrate urgency.
- Being Human - You consider other people's perspectives, laugh, and have fun.