Tamr is the enterprise data mastering company trusted by large enterprises like Blackstone, the US Air Force, Toyota, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with human feedback to master and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by top-tier investors such as NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
As a Cloud Sales Engineer working at Tamr, you will be responsible for owning all technical aspects of growing Tamrs revenue that is derived through its cloud partners and their ecosystem.
- Performing education to our cloud partners on Tamrs solutions. This can be by means of product demonstrations, solution overviews, speaking at partner events, and solution briefs
- Working with cloud partner resources to ensure that our software is an integral part of the solution for their customers when it comes to solving data and analytics challenges.
- Providing tactical support of presales opportunities by working with the Tamr presales team and calling upon cloud partner resources to help accelerate an opportunity to closure
- Supporting the availability and use of Tamr through cloud partner marketplace listings
- Providing feedback to Product Management on ways to improve Tamrs capabilities with each cloud partner
- Developing and maintaining demo environments that showcase Tamrs solutions in each cloud ecosystem
- 3+ years in a pre-sales / sales engineering role in a cloud based software hosted in the cloud, SaaS, or PaaS on cloud infrastructure
- 5 years in related software markets such as Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, CRM, ERP, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Management, and Business Intelligence
- Intermediate knowledge of data management and databases
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, SQL, shell, etc)
- Strong Linux / UNIX skill set
- Experience coding against APIs
- Experience with one or more of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, or GCP
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Machine learning knowledge/experience
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with analytics tools like Tableau, PowerBI, and Looker
This position is available in Boston, MA, New York City or Seattle, WA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.